Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Oomph » How to override/disable P2Task for user
How to override/disable P2Task for user [message #1743375] Wed, 14 September 2016 16:09 Go to next message
Tonny Madsen is currently offline Tonny MadsenFriend
I'm involved in two different internal projects, where we use Oomph to set-up the development environments.

Unfortunately we have two features (A and B) - one from each project - which cannot co-exist as this triggers all sorts of problems.

In my case, one of the feature B is more important than A, and I would therefore like to disable the P2Task that includes requirement for A.

How can I do that? Can I override it (and then Disable it in the process)?

Note that I have control over the two setup files and make changes as long as the two development groups get the correct environment...

/Tonny
Re: How to override/disable P2Task for user [message #1743404 is a reply to message #1743375] Thu, 15 September 2016 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexander Nittka is currently offline Alexander NittkaFriend
I guess, the low tech solution would be a third setup for feature A, so you can explicitly choose to install it.

A second (untested) solution that might work would involve the following:
* feature A has its own P2-Task which is not executed by the bootstrap trigger (see the advanved trigger properties)
* this task uses a filter with the semantics "not suppressFeatureA=true"
* the setup including feature B uses an Eclipse Ini task to set the variable suppressFeatureA to true (see https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php?t=msg&th=1080068&goto=1742042&#msg_1742042)

Hope that helps.

Need training, onsite consulting or any other kind of help for Xtext?
Go visit http://xtext.itemis.com or send a mail to xtext@itemis.de
Re: How to override/disable P2Task for user [message #1743470 is a reply to message #1743404] Thu, 15 September 2016 17:40 Go to previous message
Tonny Madsen is currently offline Tonny MadsenFriend
Thanks for the help - it works fine.

/Tonny
Previous Topic:Oomph agregator
Next Topic:Why oomph plugins versions from 1.5 become 1.4?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 20:01:38 GMT 2024