Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » RCP Testing Tool » RCPTT - Execute test cases in background(Execute test cases from RCPTT in the background, without AUT coming to front)
RCPTT - Execute test cases in background [message #1743326] Wed, 14 September 2016 11:51 Go to next message
Katalin Boros is currently offline Katalin BorosFriend
Previously with Q7 by default the test execution in the Q7 client was done in the background, i.e. while executing a test case on the AUT one could do other things on his/her computer. With RCPTT am not finding any option to achieve the same. Is it possible?
Thanks,
Kati
Re: RCPTT - Execute test cases in background [message #1774493 is a reply to message #1743326] Mon, 16 October 2017 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Zbyszek Kieliszek is currently offline Zbyszek KieliszekFriend
In my AUT properties , in Common tab, I have "Launch in background" option checked by default. Unfortunately, it seems that still my AUT is being brought to front, whilst test are being executed.

Is there any other option, I should look for?
Re: RCPTT - Execute test cases in background [message #1774567 is a reply to message #1774493] Tue, 17 October 2017 12:07 Go to previous message
Viktoria Dlugopolskaya is currently offline Viktoria DlugopolskayaFriend
Hi Katalin, Zbyszek,

For correct test results, AUT should have focus during test execution. This feature causes test errors in some cases, so it had been removed from RCPTT.
'Launch in background' is an Eclipse option (not an RCPTT option)
Previous Topic:RCPTT playback as IDE feature demonstration tool
Next Topic:How to differentiate between menu entries with the same name
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 21:22:30 GMT 2024