Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Eclispe Neon and older > toolbar rearranges icon groups itself after restart
icon9.gif  Eclispe Neon and older > toolbar rearranges icon groups itself after restart [message #1743009] Fri, 09 September 2016 12:53 Go to next message
Arragon Arragon is currently offline Arragon ArragonFriend
Hi,
I am using Eclipse Neon JEE package under Windows7 Prof SP1 and Java 1.8.102.
Version info:
Neon Release (4.6.0)
Build id: 20160613-1800
Before I was using Kepler, Lunar and for a very short period Mars. In all IDE version following problem exists.

I have several workspaces, using them sometimes in parallel.

I noticed that the toolbar in any perspective was unsorted. So I decided to rearrange them to have i.e. File-Save toolbar icon group in front before all other icons (which is standard in any windows application). Further toolbar icon groups are also rearranged. I saved it in a separate perspective named XYZ.
I close Eclipse and restart Eclipse with this perspective in any workspace. The toolbar icon groups have been rearranged to default by Eclipse itself. Even trying to restore the perspective does not work, the toolbar icon groups are at Eclipse default position, not in my saved order.
Can anybody explain what I need to do to save icon groups in the toolbar?

I am wondering that nobody else seems to have this issue before?!
Thx for any help.
Best regards,
Arragon
Re: Eclispe Neon and older > toolbar rearranges icon groups itself after restart [message #1743556 is a reply to message #1743009] Fri, 16 September 2016 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arragon Arragon is currently offline Arragon ArragonFriend
Is there nobody out there having the same annoying issue? I would be pleased for any help
Re: Eclispe Neon and older > toolbar rearranges icon groups itself after restart [message #1774633 is a reply to message #1743009] Wed, 18 October 2017 07:19 Go to previous message
Alexander Mattis is currently offline Alexander MattisFriend
Hey there,

I am facing the same issue. I rearranged my toolbar and the "Debug" toolbar is set back to the original position after each restart. All others remain rearranged...

I am using Eclipse Java EE "Oxygen" 4.7.0 (build id: 20170620-1800) on Windows 10 Pro x64.
Previous Topic:Unable To Install Eclipse - macOS Sierra
Next Topic:EMF project error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 02:55:02 GMT 2024