Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Eclipse SmartHome » 0.9.0 release plan
0.9.0 release plan [message #1742677] Tue, 06 September 2016 15:04 Go to next message
Alan Alberghini is currently offline Alan AlberghiniFriend
Greetings,

we're currently using ESH-0.8.0 with no major issues, but we'd like to test out recent fixes and new features from the 0.9.0 version without being "too bleeding edge" by following the 0.9.0-SNAPSHOT master branch from git.
I'd therefore like to ask mainly to the project maintainers if there's already a release plan for the 0.9.0 release and if beta releases are planned also for this development cycle as was for the 0.8.0 one.

Thanks in advance
Re: 0.9.0 release plan [message #1742926 is a reply to message #1742677] Thu, 08 September 2016 15:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kai Kreuzer is currently offline Kai KreuzerFriend
Hi Alan,

There is currently no release plan for 0.9.0, but I guess we will wait again a while for major contributions coming in. The problem is that as project maintainer we cannot really define a roadmap and release plan, if there is nothing in detail committed by the contributors.
Nonetheless, we will do intermediate releases to the Maven repo from time to time, whenever some "consumer" of the project requires it. I plan to do such a release probably next week as I want to build an openHAB 2.0beta4, for which I need a recent, but stable ESH version as well. I would hope that this matches your needs as well then?

Best regards,
Kai

P.S.: Please note that I would love to do more planning and regular, well documented releases as well - unfortunately, this project is far too active to be maintained by only two people as it is the situation right now. So anyone who relies on ESH should ask himself, if it could be an option to more actively help the project's maintenance. Everybody should feel invited!
Re: 0.9.0 release plan [message #1742991 is a reply to message #1742926] Fri, 09 September 2016 07:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Kai,
thank you for your answer.
Yes, an intermediate release in the near future would match our current needs as well so it'll be warmly welcomed by us Smile
Regarding our involvement in the project, we're considering options for contributing.
Re: 0.9.0 release plan [message #1743340 is a reply to message #1742991] Wed, 14 September 2016 13:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kai Kreuzer is currently offline Kai KreuzerFriend
Hi Alan,

Good news: I just published a 0.9.0.b1 as Maven artifacts on https://repo.eclipse.org/content/repositories/smarthome-releases/!

Regards,
Kai
Re: 0.9.0 release plan [message #1743376 is a reply to message #1743340] Wed, 14 September 2016 16:10 Go to previous message
Great!

I'm already jumping on board!

Thank you, Kai
Previous Topic:Image from Item state (rather from URL)
Next Topic:Single binding for handling multiple things simultaneously
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 13:01:55 GMT 2024