Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » Eclipse neon most crappiest version ever(Eclipse neon has more bugs in it than Windows)
icon13.gif  Eclipse neon most crappiest version ever [message #1742612] Tue, 06 September 2016 07:32 Go to next message
Me Too is currently offline Me TooFriend
I have switched to Eclipse neon because it was time for our company to switch to Java 8 and it seemed that Neon had better support and we hoped that some annoying bugs where fixed.

We started using Eclipse neon and it is by far the most crappiest piece of Software I have ever used. The bugs I have encountered is so long that I am not even going to bother writing them down. There aren't some trivial bugs. These are bugs you can find just by using the Software. Dual screen works really bad. Alot of bugs in luna are still not fixed like why doesn't eclipse invoke shutdown hooks. This is a known issue since luna!!!!!!!!!

It is terrible and I am now switching over to Netbeans. Eclipse used to be average to good. Now it is pure crap. I hope the developers go back to school and learn how to code. It is that bad. If you develop eclipse and you read this, install ubuntu 14.04, Java 8 and eclipse neon. Be prepared to be ashamed of the terrible and pathetic work do guys have created.

No more eclipse for me. It's because worse than Windows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Eclipse neon most crappiest version ever [message #1742707 is a reply to message #1742612] Tue, 06 September 2016 17:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephan Herrmann is currently offline Stephan HerrmannFriend
Since the main problem you describe relates to dual screen I can only assert that I'm happily using Eclipse in dual monitor settings all the time. And yes, I'm on Ubuntu, too. Was happy on Ubuntu 14.04 for some years, recently upgraded to 16.04.1, still happy, actually more happy with Neon on my HiDPI notebook - just mentioning.

If your intention only was to insult people you probably never met, then stop reading here.

Otherwise, let me remind you that Eclipse is an open source community. You don't even have to provide patches for the bugs that annoy you, and features you see missing. Just constructively participating in bugzilla communication will grant to you the chance to influence the direction where Eclipse is heading. With close to 2k bugs fixed in the Neon cycle just for the core Eclipse projects, I would be surprised if you weren't able to help the team fix a couple of bugs that annoy you most, *if* you use the right tone of voice to motivate people to help you.
Re: Eclipse neon most crappiest version ever [message #1742739 is a reply to message #1742707] Wed, 07 September 2016 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
Quote:
I hope the developers go back to school and learn how to code.

Maybe you should go back to school and learn how to communicate in a proper way!

Despite that I assume you issues are related to rendering and since you say that you are using ubuntu it might be related to GTK3 or a custom theme you are using.

But as you don't want to use Eclipse anymore, I don't see a reason for explaining anything or helping in any way. I need to solve real problems and not problems one person has in his personal environment.
Re: Eclipse neon most crappiest version ever [message #1742950 is a reply to message #1742612] Thu, 08 September 2016 19:08 Go to previous message
Erdal Karaca is currently offline Erdal KaracaFriend
A commercial company looking for free to use software without even bothering to understand open source.

What do you expect us to tell you?

Me Too wrote on Tue, 06 September 2016 09:32
I have switched to Eclipse neon because it was time for our company to switch to Java 8 and it seemed that Neon had better support and we hoped that some annoying bugs where fixed.

We started using Eclipse neon and it is by far the most crappiest piece of Software I have ever used. The bugs I have encountered is so long that I am not even going to bother writing them down. There aren't some trivial bugs. These are bugs you can find just by using the Software. Dual screen works really bad. Alot of bugs in luna are still not fixed like why doesn't eclipse invoke shutdown hooks. This is a known issue since luna!!!!!!!!!

It is terrible and I am now switching over to Netbeans. Eclipse used to be average to good. Now it is pure crap. I hope the developers go back to school and learn how to code. It is that bad. If you develop eclipse and you read this, install ubuntu 14.04, Java 8 and eclipse neon. Be prepared to be ashamed of the terrible and pathetic work do guys have created.

No more eclipse for me. It's because worse than Windows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Previous Topic:Getting Toolbar for a programmatically created MPart
Next Topic:Difference between SetToBeRendered and SetVisible
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 05:00:08 GMT 2024