Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Neon can't connect to internet
Neon can't connect to internet [message #1741957] Tue, 30 August 2016 19:56 Go to next message
Rick Blacker is currently offline Rick BlackerFriend
*EDIT*
I got past the install issue by manually installing Eclipse. But new problem now. Eclipse still can't access the internet. See post below.

I'm getting a proxy issue when I run the Neon install. However, Ubuntu's proxies are all setup just fine. I can get out to the internet, I can use sudo apt-get commands. I can run the Ubuntu software app to get new apps and or update existing ones. My proxies seem to work for everything but the Oomph installer simply does not think my proxies are setup properly. I have http, https and socks proxies all set just fine.

The error I get is
"The catalog could not be loaded. Please ensure that you have network access and, if needed, have configured your network proxy."

I click on the configure network proxy button, and in the dialog box that pops up, I can clearly see that my proxies are set just fine.

Was hoping someone here might be able to shed some light.

Thanks for any help!

[Updated on: Thu, 01 September 2016 18:42]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Can't install onto Ubuntu, proxy issue. [message #1742067 is a reply to message #1741957] Wed, 31 August 2016 04:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

If you have problems using the installer, you can still download one of the pre-existing packages from http://download.eclipse.org/.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: Can't install onto Ubuntu, proxy issue. [message #1742315 is a reply to message #1742067] Thu, 01 September 2016 17:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Nitin...

Ok I was able to find the package, download and install it. However, Eclipse itself still can not connect despite having my proxies setup. When I open up Preferences/Network Connections. The net connections are set to "Native" using my system wide proxy settings. And just like before all other Ubuntu apps work fine. Eclipse seems to be the only app having network connection issues.

Re: Can't install onto Ubuntu, proxy issue. [message #1742798 is a reply to message #1742315] Wed, 07 September 2016 16:37 Go to previous message
Bump...
Really hoping to get Eclipse connected to the internet and work past this proxy issue.
Previous Topic:index html doesn't reload in eclipse rcp help plugin
Next Topic:FeatureMApper plugin
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 10:36:08 GMT 2024