Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Objectteams » eclipse neon product does not load new weaver
icon5.gif  eclipse neon product does not load new weaver [message #1741482] Thu, 25 August 2016 13:53 Go to next message
Till Kolditz is currently offline Till KolditzFriend
Hi there,

I just upgraded from eclipse 4.5 to 4.7 (neon). I have an eclipse application where 2 plug-ins use object teams. In the plug-in settings I switched to the new OTDRE weaving scheme. According to documentation, OT runtime should pick the according weaver, but when starting the application (from within eclipse) , the first line on the console reads:

OT/Equinox: ot.weaving=OTRE

and the whole applications fails with the following two exceptions:

java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: OTRE: Class ***Team was compiled for incompatible weaving target OTDRE

When running just without the two OT-dependant teams, OT runtime does not use a weaver at all:

OT/Equinox: ot.weaving=null

and the following exception is thrown:

java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: OTRE: Class org.eclipse.objectteams.otequinox.internal.branding.BrandingAdaptor was compiled for incompatible weaving target OTDRE

Does anybody know how to correctly use the new weaver?
Would I have to set-up a completely new workspace to make everything work?

Thanks a lot.
Till
Re: eclipse neon product does not load new weaver [message #1741539 is a reply to message #1741482] Thu, 25 August 2016 17:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephan Herrmann is currently offline Stephan HerrmannFriend
My first guess is, that perhaps you still have one project configured for OTRE and by unhappy coincidence this is the first one found when determining the launch parameters. But that case should actually raise an exception.
Have you checked the error log, btw?

Next thing that could give a clue is the full command line assembled by Eclipse (visible e.g. from the Debug view, select the process (2nd from top) and inspect its properties). Could you please paste it here?

The strategy used for determining the proper weaving scheme is:
- iterate over all workspace projects that are included in the launch
- inspect only those that have the OT nature (see .project)
- of those projects get the preference for "org.eclipse.objectteams.otdt.compiler.option.weaving_scheme" (in .settings/org.eclipse.jdt.core.prefs)
-- if any projects disagree raise an exception
-- if no weaving scheme is found at this point use OTRE(!)
-- otherwise use the weaving scheme found

Maybe this helps track down the problem?
Stephan

Re: eclipse neon product does not load new weaver [message #1741566 is a reply to message #1741539] Thu, 25 August 2016 20:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Till Kolditz is currently offline Till KolditzFriend
Stephan,

thank you so much for your suggestions!
As it turned out, the problem was that I had removed the project-specific settings for both plug-ins.
Thus, the OT runtime could not find any information and defaulted to OTRE, as you mentioned.
The workspace preferences do not have a setting for a default weaver, maybe this can be enhanced in a future version?

Thanks again!
Till
Re: eclipse neon product does not load new weaver [message #1751821 is a reply to message #1741566] Sat, 14 January 2017 23:47 Go to previous message
Stephan Herrmann is currently offline Stephan HerrmannFriend
FYI:
While we still don't have a workspace default for the compiler settings (weavingScheme), I've removed the necessity to specify the runtime weaving scheme on the command line or in eclipse.ini (-Dot.weaving=otdre). This information is now retrieved from the class files of the relevant teams. See https://bugs.eclipse.org/510471 - resolved for 2.6 M5, pending for back port to 2.5.3.

Stephan
Previous Topic:transient roles as a design option for performance?
Next Topic:Create ecotj jar from command line / workspace
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 14:20:49 GMT 2024