Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Chart interactivity(Create drill-through with chart data as parameter)
Chart interactivity [message #1741418] Wed, 24 August 2016 21:50 Go to next message
Mesut Ozil is currently offline Mesut OzilFriend
I'd like to be able to create a drill-through from a chart to another report. I'd like the parameters passed to the new report to contain data from the chart depending on where I click.

For instance, if I have a stacked bar chart, I'd like one of the parameters to be the data value from the section of the bar in which I've clicked. Is this possible?

I click Interactivity, select Event:Mouse Click and Action: Hyperlink, click Add, click Edit Base URL, and select Drill-Through.

At this point, I'd expect to be able to add parameters to pass to the new report. But I'm not able to see where to select data from the row[] or dataSetRow[]. I seem to be able to pass only Report Parameters, which is not sufficient.

Re: Chart interactivity [message #1745236 is a reply to message #1741418] Thu, 06 October 2016 19:05 Go to previous message
Ralph Gleason is currently offline Ralph GleasonFriend
The parameters and values from the selected chart element you reference are mapped in the "Properties" of the "interactivity" control.
Previous Topic:BIRT One Scripted Dataset, overloaded fetch
Next Topic:javascript: toLocaleDateString and BIRT datetime functions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 03:25:33 GMT 2024