Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Difference between Load All / Import All in Import Package
Difference between Load All / Import All in Import Package [message #1741192] Tue, 23 August 2016 15:45 Go to next message
Marc FLAUW is currently offline Marc FLAUWFriend
Hi,

i am trying to use another model as reference in my model.
I found the Import package from user model, but once I select my model, there are several options:
- Load All
- Import All
- Copy All

What are the differences between those 3 options?

Thanks and regards,

Marc
Re: Difference between Load All / Import All in Import Package [message #1741198 is a reply to message #1741192] Tue, 23 August 2016 16:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Damus is currently offline Christian DamusFriend

Hi, Marc,

The Load action simply loads the resource containing the package into the editor. It doesn't make any changes to your model.

The Import action does a Load and also creates a PackageImport relationship from the selected package in your model to the imported package. If you're importing multiple packages, then a PackageImport is created for each. This modifies your (importing) model.

The Copy action creates a local copy of the "imported" (but then not actually) package in the selected package. So, it's like the Import action except that it doesn't add a reference (via PackageImport) to the target package but actually clones it.

HTH,

Christian

Re: Difference between Load All / Import All in Import Package [message #1741370 is a reply to message #1741198] Wed, 24 August 2016 12:47 Go to previous message
Marc FLAUW is currently offline Marc FLAUWFriend
Great, thanks for the response.

Best regards,

Marc
Previous Topic:Missing Accept Time Event Node?
Next Topic:How to add model to CDT project
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 15:44:53 GMT 2024