Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » Main-Toolbar: ordering of items(How to define an order for the extending ToolItems)
icon4.gif  Main-Toolbar: ordering of items [message #1741187] Tue, 23 August 2016 15:20 Go to next message
Sergej Volkodav is currently offline Sergej VolkodavFriend
Hello all,

We are migrating our RCP client from Eclipse 3.x to Eclipse 4 with compat layer.
We had problems with contribution to the org.eclipse.ui.main.toolbar so we created new model fragments with trimContributions extending the toolbar and removing the extensions in the old plugin.xml.

We need to declare a specific order for the toolbar items, which are contributed from different plugins.
I have tried to work with the 'Position' of the TrimContribution, but it does not work for the FIRST client start (initial workspace without workbench.xmi).

When there is an existing workbench.xmi file, the ordering of the toolbar is correct (for the second / third / ... start of the client).

Wrong order:
index.php/fa/26856/0/

Correct order:
index.php/fa/26857/0/

So my question is, how can I force Eclipse, that it orders the toolbar items correctly even if there is no workbench.xmi file?

Thanks and kind regards,

Sergej
Re: Main-Toolbar: ordering of items [message #1742076 is a reply to message #1741187] Wed, 31 August 2016 07:28 Go to previous message
Sergej Volkodav is currently offline Sergej VolkodavFriend
Does no one has any idea?? Maybe any known Eclipse bug?
Previous Topic:No warning in Tooling for missing elementId
Next Topic:news.eclipse.org is shutting down.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 02:41:10 GMT 2024