Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Sharing/contributing a launch configuration in a plugin
Sharing/contributing a launch configuration in a plugin [message #1741023] Mon, 22 August 2016 12:03 Go to next message
Mickael Istria is currently offline Mickael IstriaFriend

Hi all,

I'd like to ship together with my plugin a launch configuration so users who have my plugin installed would get this launch configuration loaded automatically. This launch configuration would be in this case and instance of an "External Program" launch configuration.

I could see extensions to contribute new Launch Configuration types, I've seen UI to export/import .launch files that IDE loads automatically; however I couldn't find a way to share a .launch file via a plugin definition.

At the moment, my best idea is to have an IStartup extension that would programatically add the run configurations.

Does anyone have something better to suggest?
Re: Sharing/contributing a launch configuration in a plugin [message #1741048 is a reply to message #1741023] Mon, 22 August 2016 14:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
See the "Common" tab in your launch configuration. You can mark Save as > Shared File to save a file in a project. You can also mark it as a 'favourite' in which case it will appear in a special section of the Run As / Debug As menus.

Brian.
Re: Sharing/contributing a launch configuration in a plugin [message #1741065 is a reply to message #1741048] Mon, 22 August 2016 15:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mickael Istria is currently offline Mickael IstriaFriend

Thanks. I did notice that, but the goal isn't really to export the configuration, but to ship it from inside a plugin.
Re: Sharing/contributing a launch configuration in a plugin [message #1741072 is a reply to message #1741065] Mon, 22 August 2016 16:55 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Oh I see. I should have re-read and looked at the author!

I wonder if it would make sense to be done as a p2 touchpoint. You only want to do this once. It also lets the user decide to change (or remove) your configuration.
Previous Topic:Reload Eclipse Editor
Next Topic:Default Editor
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 02:33:53 GMT 2024