Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » How to add model to CDT project(Model added to CDT project doesn't appear in Project Explorer)
How to add model to CDT project [message #1740866] Fri, 19 August 2016 08:30 Go to next message
Bjorn Stenborg is currently offline Bjorn StenborgFriend
I'm experimenting with adding Papyrus models to our existing C (CDT) Eclipse project. I can right-click on a folder in the Project Explorer and choose to add a Papyrus Model. This seems to work fine - an empty model is opened, I can edit it, add diagrams etc and the save it. Looking in the file system I see that .di, .notation and .uml files are created in the folder I selected. However, I cannot see the model in the Project Explorer, so after closing the model I cannot re-open it. Am I missing something here? Can't I integrate Papyrus models into CDT projects? Thankful for any help.
Re: How to add model to CDT project [message #1740938 is a reply to message #1740866] Sat, 20 August 2016 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Carsten Pitz is currently offline Carsten PitzFriend
The model is NOT shown in the project explorer. It is shown in the model explorer. The model explorer is part of the Papyrus perspective. As a consequence you either have to change between the CDT and Papyrus perspective or you have create your own perspective combining both aspects.

Regards
Carsten Pitz
Re: How to add model to CDT project [message #1741398 is a reply to message #1740938] Wed, 24 August 2016 17:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bjorn Stenborg is currently offline Bjorn StenborgFriend
Well yes when I create a model it appears in the Model Explorer view. If I make changes in the model, those appear in the Model Explorer, and if I make changes in the Model Explorer those are reflected in open diagram views etc - no problem thus far.

However, if I close and then re-open the containing project, the Model Explorer view just says "No Model Available". I assume this view is just for navigating within a model, not for actually finding models to open. So how do I re-open my model, that is really the question?
Re: How to add model to CDT project [message #1741401 is a reply to message #1741398] Wed, 24 August 2016 18:29 Go to previous message
Carsten Pitz is currently offline Carsten PitzFriend
you open a model by double clicking on a model (marked with a papyrus bird icon) in the project explorer. I wrote a model, because a project can contain multiple models.

/Carsten
Previous Topic:Difference between Load All / Import All in Import Package
Next Topic:Java reverse update site?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 09:13:36 GMT 2024