Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Vorto » Importing files into Vorto Project(Can we import Entities or FB defined in files into a Vorto Project?)
Importing files into Vorto Project [message #1740727] Wed, 17 August 2016 19:32 Go to next message
Guy Benhaim is currently offline Guy BenhaimFriend
Hello,

I had a build problem with my project (null exception ...) and finally I defined a new (empty) project to get the issue disappear.

I now want to IMPORT all the Entities and FB that I had in text files in the original projects into this new project - so I can continue my work.

Is there a way to import or associate files with the new Project?

Guy
Re: Importing files into Vorto Project [message #1740740 is a reply to message #1740727] Thu, 18 August 2016 01:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexander Edelmann is currently offline Alexander EdelmannFriend
Hello Guy,

Unfortunately, we do not provide such an automatic project import functionality.
You would need to manually copy and paste them into your newly created vorto project.
If you want, you can create an issue for that in github, so we can have keep track and provide this feature in future versions.

Alex
Re: Importing files into Vorto Project [message #1740804 is a reply to message #1740740] Thu, 18 August 2016 15:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Message Body
Re: Importing files into Vorto Project [message #1740805 is a reply to message #1740804] Thu, 18 August 2016 15:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello,
Indeed useful for renaming certain Entities/FBs to be more understandable, and to recover from issues like I had with the project build.

Still: Any way to manually modify environment files and associate Entities and FBs with the project? Is will be more friendly that Copy/Paste f tens of files ....

Guy

Re: Importing files into Vorto Project [message #1741381 is a reply to message #1740727] Wed, 24 August 2016 15:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Alex,

Can you pleas indicate which file encapsulates the references to all project elements that should be included?

Can that file be edited to include the relevant .Type and .Fbmodel text files?

Guy
Re: Importing files into Vorto Project [message #1746180 is a reply to message #1741381] Mon, 24 October 2016 15:39 Go to previous message
Alexander Edelmann is currently offline Alexander EdelmannFriend
You can make any Eclipse Project into a valid Vorto project by

1) adding the following two natures to your .project file:<nature>org.eclipse.xtext.ui.shared.xtextNature</nature>
<nature>org.eclipse.vorto.vortonature</nature>

2) The project contains the following folders
'datatypes' , containing all .type files
'functionblocks', containing all .fbmodel files
'infomodels', containing all .infomodel files

Switch to the Vorto perspective and you should be able to see the vorto project.
Does this answer your question?

Alex
Previous Topic:[SOLVED]Unresolved requirement in Vorto IDE for contributor
Next Topic:Register a Code Generator: How's a Generator Process called?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 15:03:10 GMT 2024