Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Graphiti » DefaultConnectionEditPolicy not respecting scroll?
DefaultConnectionEditPolicy not respecting scroll? [message #1740386] Fri, 12 August 2016 13:29 Go to next message
Aurélien Pupier is currently offline Aurélien PupierFriend

Hi,

We, Fuse Tooling team, are implementing the insert of a Node on a Connection.
The cursor feedback was often disabled when there is a scrollbar on the editor.
From what I understood during my investigation, it seems that the DefaultConnectionEditPolicy is not taking care of the ViewPort Scroll.

I'm wondering if I'm right. Who is responsible to do the translation? The location of the CreateRequest? The DefaultConnectionEditPolicy when calling org.eclipse.graphiti.ui.internal.services.IGefService.findEditPartAt(EditPartViewer, Point, boolean) here http://git.eclipse.org/c/graphiti/org.eclipse.graphiti.git/tree/plugins/org.eclipse.graphiti.ui/src/org/eclipse/graphiti/ui/internal/policy/DefaultConnectionEditPolicy.java#n167 ? or directly the .IGefService.findEditPartAt ?

I am a bit confused. It seems very strange for me that this issue was not found by someone else before. In which case the DefaultConnectionEditPolicy is called exactly? i would like to check that I don't break anything. or maybe, I did something bad elsewhere which can explain my issue, in this case, does someone have some ideas?

You can see my PR trying to fix on my own project the issue: https://github.com/lhein/fuseide/pull/25

If I really found a bug, I can report a bug and provide a gerrit change.

regards and thanks by advance for any help

Aurélien Pupier - Red Hat
Senior Software Engineer in Fuse Tooling team
Re: DefaultConnectionEditPolicy not respecting scroll? [message #1740548 is a reply to message #1740386] Mon, 15 August 2016 15:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Wenz is currently offline Michael WenzFriend
Aurelien,

indeed strange that this was not noticed before. I had only a brief look into these pieces of coding but from what I've seen so far, it looks like a bug to me. First of all, could you please file a Bugzilla against Graphiti to track this?

Regarding the responsibility for the location transformation: I would say it should be the responsibility of the edit policy, however that would force to include the fix in several locations (I have seen at least create and add using it). So it might turn out to be better in the gef service implementation. Anyhow it would be really great if you could come up with a proposal for the fix.

Thanks,
Michael
Re: DefaultConnectionEditPolicy not respecting scroll? [message #1740614 is a reply to message #1740548] Tue, 16 August 2016 09:13 Go to previous message
Aurélien Pupier is currently offline Aurélien PupierFriend

Hi,

I reported a bug report and created a gerrit change.

regards,

Aurélien Pupier - Red Hat
Senior Software Engineer in Fuse Tooling team
Previous Topic:Graphiti API should have similar method like isStayActiveAfterExecution for IObjectCreationToolEntry
Next Topic:Cannot show context button when pictogram element on the right edge of diagram editor.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 01:38:34 GMT 2024