Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Oracle ref cursors and stored procedure queries(So whats the current state?)
icon5.gif  Oracle ref cursors and stored procedure queries [message #1740277] Thu, 11 August 2016 07:20 Go to next message
Nicklas Karlsson is currently offline Nicklas KarlssonFriend
Hi,

I'm evaluating BIRT for our case where we would like to have a stored procedure when called, would generate the report data into tables and return ref cursors for those. We are using the latest ojdbc7.jar driver and latest BIRT.

I found some examples and discussions from 2006-2008 but no recent information on current support.

I created a sample procedure in a package "pak" which works just fine

procedure concept(out_result out sys_refcursor);

And I create a BIRT report with a Data Source and a Stored Procedure-type Data Set calling

{call pak.concept(?)}

I go to the Preview Results and get "Missing IN or OUT parameter at index 1". No problems, I go to Parameters and notice that the parameter has not been auto-created so I try to do it myself.

Name: foo
Direction: Output
Data Type: 

Uh-oh. Running into problems. There is no good alternative here! Since the call is JDBC-backed, one would think it has to do a

stmt.registerOutParameter(1, Types.CURSOR);

at some point but there is no alternative for that (can't even leave it blank)

So am I doing something wrong or aren't ref cursors supported?

Thanks in advance,
Nik
Re: Oracle ref cursors and stored procedure queries [message #1740982 is a reply to message #1740277] Mon, 22 August 2016 07:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Any help would be... helpful
Re: Oracle ref cursors and stored procedure queries [message #1770348 is a reply to message #1740982] Thu, 10 August 2017 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
(almost) happy anniversary, thread! ;-)

Anyone done something similar?
Re: Oracle ref cursors and stored procedure queries [message #1770349 is a reply to message #1740982] Thu, 10 August 2017 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Message Body

[Updated on: Thu, 10 August 2017 09:14]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Oracle ref cursors and stored procedure queries [message #1776077 is a reply to message #1770349] Fri, 10 November 2017 13:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexander Wieland is currently offline Alexander WielandFriend
Hey Nik,

I'm not quite sure, but I think this has something to do with the missing schema user before the package name and using an Oracle database.

Also make sure that you have set the type to "Sql Stored Procedure Query" when you created the data set.

Please try the following:
{call schema.pak.concept(?)}

best regards
Alex
Re: Oracle ref cursors and stored procedure queries [message #1776177 is a reply to message #1770349] Mon, 13 November 2017 13:27 Go to previous message
Alexander Wieland is currently offline Alexander WielandFriend
Hey Nik,

please try teh following, where "schema" is the owner of your package:

{call schema.pak.concept(?)}

many greetings
Alex
Previous Topic:BIRT aggregation field returns empty on many characters
Next Topic:ReportDesignHandle.serialize doesn't throw IOException when no space
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 14:13:20 GMT 2024