Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Mylyn » [CLOSED] No Mylyn after installing Mylyn
icon5.gif  [CLOSED] No Mylyn after installing Mylyn [message #1740099] Tue, 09 August 2016 08:51 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Hi Folks,

I've just installed Texas Instrument's Code Composer Studio 6.1.3 (uses Eclipse 4.5 with CDT 8.8, egit 4.0.3) on a new windows 10 machine.

I have added the mylyn update site:

http://download.eclipse.org/mylyn/releases/latest/

and installed the Task List 3.20.2, the Task-Focused-Interface 3.20.2, the WikiText and the Docs EPUB (though I don't think I need the latter two) followed by adding Weingardt's Gitlab connector.

Ran through all the install and restart fine - no error messages and no logs that I can find so far.

Yet there is no sign of MyLyn within the IDE! No perspective open, nor in the Other perspectives menu, no Mylyn folder nor views in the Show view -> Other views menu, nothing in the Window -> Properties, de nada zip, zilch and zero!

Do I need to enable it someplace or something?

Thanks, T

[Updated on: Tue, 09 August 2016 09:39] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: No Mylyn after installing Mylyn [message #1740104 is a reply to message #1740099] Tue, 09 August 2016 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Never mind it's some CCS problem by the looks of things.

For reference - I uninstalled the items installed from the mentioned repository and instead installed Mylyn via the CCS App Center. Upon restart there where updates available, which I duly selected to run, to be told that there was some dependency issue but that the solution was to update the plugins... (bit silly, the solution to not being able to update plugins is to update plugins...), anyway I let it do this and after another restart there were no more updates available so checked the views... Lo and behold, some Mylyn views available.

Crossing my fingers I opened all three.... "Could not create the view: org.eclipse.tasks.ui.view.task/repositories/etc" and about 25 new errors in the error log per view...

Fuck it, I've got work to do and I can manage without mylyn.

[Updated on: Tue, 09 August 2016 09:46] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: No Mylyn after installing Mylyn [message #1740335 is a reply to message #1740104] Thu, 11 August 2016 18:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sam Davis is currently offline Sam DavisFriend
Hi Toby,

If you are using Windows and Code Composer Studio is installed in Program Files, you will need to run CCS as Administrator when installing plugins, because otherwise CCS will not have permission to write to its own installation directory. This problem is not specific to Mylyn or CCS - it happens when installing any plugins into any Eclipse-based product installed in Program Files.

Cheers,
Sam
Re: No Mylyn after installing Mylyn [message #1740336 is a reply to message #1740335] Thu, 11 August 2016 18:55 Go to previous message
Sam Davis is currently offline Sam DavisFriend
I've opened a bug to address the problem in Eclipse:

499569: installing plugins into Eclipse based App installed in Program Files fails silently and breaks Eclipse
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=499569
Previous Topic:Gerrit conector 2.12.2
Next Topic:news.eclipse.org is shutting down.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:31:55 GMT 2024