Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Oomph » Unable to Preference Synchronizer due to invalid password
Unable to Preference Synchronizer due to invalid password [message #1740021] Mon, 08 August 2016 09:53 Go to next message
Marcin Klopotek is currently offline Marcin KlopotekFriend
I'm using Eclipse Preference Synchronizer to synchronize the settings on the new Eclipse installation. Unfortunately I have entered an incorrect password and now I'm unable to synchronize nor change the password to the correct one. I can see in the Error Log view that the password is incorrect

org.eclipse.userstorage.util.ProtocolException: POST    https://api.eclipse.org/api/user/login HTTP/1.1 403 : The username  has not been activated or is blocked.
    at org.eclipse.userstorage.internal.Session$RequestTemplate.getStatusCode(Session.java:656)
    at org.eclipse.userstorage.internal.Session$RequestTemplate.authenticate(Session.java:471)
    at org.eclipse.userstorage.internal.Session$RequestTemplate.send(Session.java:396)
    at org.eclipse.userstorage.internal.Session.retrieveBlob(Session.java:226)
    at org.eclipse.userstorage.internal.StorageService.retrieveBlob(StorageService.java:273)
    at org.eclipse.userstorage.internal.Storage.retrieveBlob(Storage.java:369)
    at org.eclipse.userstorage.internal.Blob.getContents(Blob.java:108)
    at org.eclipse.oomph.setup.internal.sync.RemoteDataProvider.retrieve(RemoteDataProvider.java:89)
    at org.eclipse.oomph.setup.internal.sync.Snapshot.createWorkingCopy(Snapshot.java:110)
    at org.eclipse.oomph.setup.internal.sync.Synchronization.createWorkingCopy(Synchronization.java:152)
    at org.eclipse.oomph.setup.internal.sync.Synchronization.<init>(Synchronization.java:92)
    at org.eclipse.oomph.setup.internal.sync.Synchronizer.createSynchronization(Synchronizer.java:126)
    at org.eclipse.oomph.setup.internal.sync.Synchronizer.synchronize(Synchronizer.java:103)
    at org.eclipse.oomph.setup.internal.sync.SynchronizerJob.run(SynchronizerJob.java:144)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

Is there a way to change the password somehow?
Re: Unable to Preference Synchronizer due to invalid password [message #1742041 is a reply to message #1740021] Thu, 11 August 2016 16:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Sorry, Eike is traveling and I'm not sure how to help with this. I
imagine it should reprompt you for a new password. There's nothing
helpful on the preferences page for this?

On 09.08.2016 05:01, Marcin Klopotek wrote:
> I'm using Eclipse Preference Synchronizer to synchronize the settings
> on the new Eclipse installation. Unfortunately I have entered an
> incorrect password and now I'm unable to synchronize nor change the
> password to the correct one. I can see in the Error Log view that the
> password is incorrect
>
> org.eclipse.userstorage.util.ProtocolException: POST
> https://api.eclipse.org/api/user/login HTTP/1.1 403 : The username
> has not been activated or is blocked.
> at
> org.eclipse.userstorage.internal.Session$RequestTemplate.getStatusCode(Session.java:656)
> at
> org.eclipse.userstorage.internal.Session$RequestTemplate.authenticate(Session.java:471)
> at
> org.eclipse.userstorage.internal.Session$RequestTemplate.send(Session.java:396)
> at
> org.eclipse.userstorage.internal.Session.retrieveBlob(Session.java:226)
> at
> org.eclipse.userstorage.internal.StorageService.retrieveBlob(StorageService.java:273)
> at
> org.eclipse.userstorage.internal.Storage.retrieveBlob(Storage.java:369)
> at org.eclipse.userstorage.internal.Blob.getContents(Blob.java:108)
> at
> org.eclipse.oomph.setup.internal.sync.RemoteDataProvider.retrieve(RemoteDataProvider.java:89)
> at
> org.eclipse.oomph.setup.internal.sync.Snapshot.createWorkingCopy(Snapshot.java:110)
> at
> org.eclipse.oomph.setup.internal.sync.Synchronization.createWorkingCopy(Synchronization.java:152)
> at
> org.eclipse.oomph.setup.internal.sync.Synchronization.<init>(Synchronization.java:92)
> at
> org.eclipse.oomph.setup.internal.sync.Synchronizer.createSynchronization(Synchronizer.java:126)
> at
> org.eclipse.oomph.setup.internal.sync.Synchronizer.synchronize(Synchronizer.java:103)
> at
> org.eclipse.oomph.setup.internal.sync.SynchronizerJob.run(SynchronizerJob.java:144)
> at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)
>
> Is there a way to change the password somehow?

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Unable to Preference Synchronizer due to invalid password [message #1742043 is a reply to message #1740021] Fri, 12 August 2016 14:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eike Stepper is currently offline Eike StepperFriend
Hi Marcin,

You can change the user name and/or password in the Preferences -> General -> User Storage Service.

Cheers
/Eike

----
http://www.esc-net.de
http://thegordian.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/eikestepper

Am 09.08.2016 um 05:01 schrieb Marcin Klopotek:
> I'm using Eclipse Preference Synchronizer to synchronize the settings on the new Eclipse installation. Unfortunately I
> have entered an incorrect password and now I'm unable to synchronize nor change the password to the correct one. I can
> see in the Error Log view that the password is incorrect
>
> org.eclipse.userstorage.util.ProtocolException: POST https://api.eclipse.org/api/user/login HTTP/1.1 403 : The
> username has not been activated or is blocked.
> at org.eclipse.userstorage.internal.Session$RequestTemplate.getStatusCode(Session.java:656)
> at org.eclipse.userstorage.internal.Session$RequestTemplate.authenticate(Session.java:471)
> at org.eclipse.userstorage.internal.Session$RequestTemplate.send(Session.java:396)
> at org.eclipse.userstorage.internal.Session.retrieveBlob(Session.java:226)
> at org.eclipse.userstorage.internal.StorageService.retrieveBlob(StorageService.java:273)
> at org.eclipse.userstorage.internal.Storage.retrieveBlob(Storage.java:369)
> at org.eclipse.userstorage.internal.Blob.getContents(Blob.java:108)
> at org.eclipse.oomph.setup.internal.sync.RemoteDataProvider.retrieve(RemoteDataProvider.java:89)
> at org.eclipse.oomph.setup.internal.sync.Snapshot.createWorkingCopy(Snapshot.java:110)
> at org.eclipse.oomph.setup.internal.sync.Synchronization.createWorkingCopy(Synchronization.java:152)
> at org.eclipse.oomph.setup.internal.sync.Synchronization.<init>(Synchronization.java:92)
> at org.eclipse.oomph.setup.internal.sync.Synchronizer.createSynchronization(Synchronizer.java:126)
> at org.eclipse.oomph.setup.internal.sync.Synchronizer.synchronize(Synchronizer.java:103)
> at org.eclipse.oomph.setup.internal.sync.SynchronizerJob.run(SynchronizerJob.java:144)
> at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)
>
> Is there a way to change the password somehow?

Re: Unable to Preference Synchronizer due to invalid password [message #1743110 is a reply to message #1742043] Mon, 12 September 2016 10:31 Go to previous message
Marcin Klopotek is currently offline Marcin KlopotekFriend
Thanks!

Problem solved. That was exactly I was looking for Smile
Previous Topic:Concurrent access to bundle pool with several users
Next Topic:Can't disable oomph completely
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 12:10:34 GMT 2024