Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Eclipse 4.6 Neon | TCF | Remote debugging | Linux(Remote debugging via tcf)
Eclipse 4.6 Neon | TCF | Remote debugging | Linux [message #1740016] Mon, 08 August 2016 08:08 Go to next message
Andreas Metz is currently offline Andreas MetzFriend
Hi,

I have a problem with Eclipse Neon CDT and using TCF.
My OS is a 64Bit Ubuntu 16.04.

I installed the TCF via this server:
http://download.eclipse.org/tools/tcf/builds/development/nightly/
I used this nightly, because I found no release server to use as download server in eclipse.

In the window "Remote Systems" I added a new TCF connection to my development board. - This connection works fine.
But when I set up my "Debug Configuration" I can not choose the previous set TCF connection as "Connection:".
As it can be seen in the atattched picture, there is only the entry "local" in the drop down box.
So I can not debug my code on the development board...

Did I something wrong or did I missunderstood something in the way of proceeding and working with TCF?
Is this a bug in the current eclipse or in TCF?

Thanks
Andreas
Re: Eclipse 4.6 Neon | TCF | Remote debugging | Linux [message #1750613 is a reply to message #1740016] Fri, 23 December 2016 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Klaus Kempf is currently offline Klaus KempfFriend
Hello Andreas,

how did you solve this problem?

Klaus
Re: Eclipse 4.6 Neon | TCF | Remote debugging | Linux [message #1751340 is a reply to message #1750613] Mon, 09 January 2017 07:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andreas Metz is currently offline Andreas MetzFriend
Hi,

I did not solve the problem.
I installed a new machine (with Virtual Box) and installed Eclipse MARS there.

So I now Work again with Eclipse MARS. That works for me...

Best Regards
Andreas
Re: Eclipse 4.6 Neon | TCF | Remote debugging | Linux [message #1758592 is a reply to message #1740016] Thu, 30 March 2017 11:44 Go to previous message
Klaus Kempf is currently offline Klaus KempfFriend
Hello,

please can anyone explain to me how I can use a TCF connection for remote debugging of a C/C++ application?

Thanks and best regards
Klaus
Previous Topic:Project closed in workspace, dependency added in ivy.xml, but still eclipse throws error
Next Topic:Need assistance on where to ask this question
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 02:17:17 GMT 2024