Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Open field/method quick menu
Open field/method quick menu [message #1739898] Fri, 05 August 2016 14:08 Go to next message
Patrick-Jeffrey Pollo Guilbert is currently offline Patrick-Jeffrey Pollo GuilbertFriend
I've tried looking around Eclipse, but haven't found anything related to this. Is there a shortcut to open a method/field from everywhere in the project (with filtering) i.e just like default ctrl-shift-r behaviour but for fields/methods. I know this feature exists in Intellij (search for symbols) but as far as I know, there's nothing of the sort in Eclipse.

I found a StackOverflow question related to this issue. Is there any open bug on Bugzilla for this?

Sorry if this is the wrong sub-forum, feel free to move the thread to a more appropriate section if needed.
Re: Open field/method quick menu [message #1739903 is a reply to message #1739898] Fri, 05 August 2016 14:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
I put together something like this years ago, and I've been meaning to submit them to JDT. They're available at:

https://github.com/briandealwis/eclipse-wbspies

There are a few tools there, including an Navigate > Open Methods and Navigate > Open Fields. They're unbound as there aren't that many free keystrokes available and I didn't want to interfere with the choices of others.

Brian.
Re: Open field/method quick menu [message #1741902 is a reply to message #1739898] Tue, 30 August 2016 14:09 Go to previous message
Noopur Gupta is currently offline Noopur GuptaFriend
There is a bug for open method dialog: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=470762
Previous Topic:Can I embed a console in a noral composite?
Next Topic:news.eclipse.org is shutting down.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 03:18:34 GMT 2024