Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Eclipse 4.6 Neon | TCF | Remote debugging(Remote debugging via tcf)
Eclipse 4.6 Neon | TCF | Remote debugging [message #1739884] Fri, 05 August 2016 11:21 Go to next message
Andreas Metz is currently offline Andreas MetzFriend
Hi,

I am relatively new on eclipse and CDT.
I have here a development board with the TI AM3359 on it.

I installed the tcf tools on my eclipse neon.
I used the nightly build because I couldn't find a released download link for eclipse.
I can reach my development board in Window "Remote Systems" via new added TCF connection.

Who can I now debug on the board.
I was told on eclipse mars this is possible via "Debug Configuration" - "C/C++ Remote Application" and choose the tcf-connection.
But I could not change the drop down box "Connection:" to the new TCF connection.
There is only "Local" as choice.

Is this maybe a bug in eclipse or tcf?

Or did I something wrong

Thanks
Andreas

Edit: My OS is a 64Bit Ubuntu 16.04.

[Updated on: Tue, 09 August 2016 06:39]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Eclipse 4.6 Neon | TCF | Remote debugging [message #1751416 is a reply to message #1739884] Tue, 10 January 2017 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Klaus Kempf is currently offline Klaus KempfFriend
deleted

[Updated on: Tue, 10 January 2017 07:48]

Re: Eclipse 4.6 Neon | TCF | Remote debugging [message #1751423 is a reply to message #1751416] Tue, 10 January 2017 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Martin Wagner is currently offline Martin WagnerFriend
I'm searching for the exact same thing, except not tcf but linux connection. I can see the remote system inside the "remote systems" view, but can't select it in remote applications -> connections drop down menu.
It was available that way in mars release.

When I add a new remote system with the new button, I can only select ssh, telnet and serial, however this does not work in my case. This new system is also added as "connection" instead of "remote system" in mars.
Re: Eclipse 4.6 Neon | TCF | Remote debugging [message #1758591 is a reply to message #1739884] Thu, 30 March 2017 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Klaus Kempf is currently offline Klaus KempfFriend
Hello,

please can anyone explain to me how I can use a TCF connection for remote debugging of a C/C++ application?

Thanks and best regards
Klaus
Re: Eclipse 4.6 Neon | TCF | Remote debugging [message #1770450 is a reply to message #1739884] Fri, 11 August 2017 14:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Silvan Murer is currently offline Silvan MurerFriend
I have exact the same issue, no TCF in the Connection list.
I use also eclipse neon. Any ideas?

Thanks
Re: Eclipse 4.6 Neon | TCF | Remote debugging [message #1770462 is a reply to message #1770450] Fri, 11 August 2017 21:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anne Creek is currently offline Anne CreekFriend
Having same issue learning / navigating TCF,

Found this https://wiki.eclipse.org/TCF/Raspberry_Pi#Building_the_TCF_Agent
(But it has no forum )

It looks as yet another term is being invented for the hardware one is trying to write code for - "AGENT".
This remote programming business is so much fun - remote, host , target and now agent. .
Hope we can keep this thread going with someone who done it and get some directions / answers soon for Linux.

It seems that tutorials are done for Windows and SPECIFIC (embedded - what else) hardware are fine but they seldom explain the process of using / configuring TCF.
They often just do "cut and paste" .

EDITED
Completed the "tutorial" , wrote lab log as I went.
It has minor issues , and not much explanations for most of the "command" lines.
In general it does follow some logic and works.
Now looking to adopt similar TCF - Agent "Hello word " code.

[Updated on: Sun, 13 August 2017 22:33]

Re: Eclipse 4.6 Neon | TCF | Remote debugging [message #1771604 is a reply to message #1770462] Mon, 28 August 2017 14:36 Go to previous message
Maciek Przydatek is currently offline Maciek PrzydatekFriend
I also have this problem on Oxygen - no TCF target in Connection list under C/C++ Remote Application. It worked in Mars.2. Was this feature dropped? I really would like to switch to new Eclipse.
Previous Topic:Qt support
Next Topic:Eclipse Oxygen C++ Error Starting Process
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 21:38:14 GMT 2024