Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » GEF » [GEF4] layout algorithm with line break?(Is there a layout algorithm for large sequential trees that does a line break?)
[GEF4] layout algorithm with line break? [message #1739702] Thu, 04 August 2016 06:42 Go to next message
Christin Kocher is currently offline Christin KocherFriend
Hi,

I'm new to GEF(4) and cannot find a layout algorithm suiting my needs. Before writing my own, I hoped you can help me and that I just missed an existing one while searching.
I have large sequential trees with sub nodes. I need something that does a line break and continues in the next line. The only algorithm that does a line break at all, seems to be the GridLayoutAlgorithm, but that starts each line from left or right. To avoid the large connections from the last element in a row on the right to the starting element of the next line on the left, I am looking for something where the rows start alternating left and right.
Maybe I'm just missing a flag to configure an algorithm in that way.

It would be really great if someone can help me.

Kind regards,
Christin
Re: [GEF4] layout algorithm with line break? [message #1742608 is a reply to message #1739702] Tue, 06 September 2016 07:21 Go to previous message
Alexander Nyssen is currently offline Alexander NyssenFriend
I think your use case is not covered by one of our current implementations. You might think of evaluating Sugiyama, which is rank-based, but it may not directly suit your needs. One option could also be to look at Graphviz, which supports additional layouts (and may cover your use case better). We have provided an example of how to integrate it with Zest (as part of the Dot examples).
Previous Topic:GEF4 - Zest 4 - A few questions
Next Topic:[GEF4] How to print diagram
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 21:35:50 GMT 2024