Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » OM2M » Is it possible that the mn-cse running alone without registering to in-cse?
Is it possible that the mn-cse running alone without registering to in-cse? [message #1739473] Tue, 02 August 2016 08:52 Go to next message
Son Duong is currently offline Son DuongFriend
Hi all,

I know that OM2M contains two main components: the in-cse for infrastructure node and mn-cse for middle node. Sometime I am a little bit confused how the flow in OM2M works? Firstly, the mn-cse must register to in-cse then they can communicate together. In this case, if I have an application deployed in mn-cse and when it sends request to its deployed cse (mn-cse), does this request directly fly to the mn-cse or first to in-cse and will be forwarded to the corresponding mn-cse? I mean, in the case if we have 1 in-cse and 1 mn-cse registered together, does that request always first come to the in-cse ? If so, then the in-cse will always act like the server, is it right?

In other case, if I would like to run a system without the server, peer to peer for example, can I run only the mn-cse without the in-cse? I tried to start only the mn-cse but the osgi console showed that the mn-cse must first be registered to the in-cse (Error in registration to another CSE....).

Thank you so much

[Updated on: Tue, 02 August 2016 09:25]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Is it possible that the mn-cse running alone without registering to in-cse? [message #1739722 is a reply to message #1739473] Thu, 04 August 2016 10:01 Go to previous message
Dorian Kurzaj is currently offline Dorian KurzajFriend
Hi,
I am not sure, someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but for your peer-to-peer example, I would just run different in-cses instead of mn-cses. Since you can store AEs in INs, you don't need to create MNs.
Regards,
Dorian
Previous Topic:responseStatusCode=4103 (Unknown or unauthorized originator) when notify to AE resource
Next Topic:Does OM2M support oneM2M Release 2 (i.e. Semantics)?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 18:54:55 GMT 2024