Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Hyperlink Navigation on MAC Using CTRL Key(Editor Navigate)
Hyperlink Navigation on MAC Using CTRL Key [message #1739314] Fri, 29 July 2016 14:33 Go to next message
Tony Chester is currently offline Tony ChesterFriend
I have a problem using the Eclipse PHP IDE (Neon) on a MAC.

The default modifier for hyperlink style navigation is "Control" which doesn't work well on MacOS X because here the Control modifier is used to simulate a right-click (opening the context menu).
The consequence of this is that if control is pressed the users gets the underlined text style when hovering, but I cannot follow the link because a click results in opening the context menu.

I found a really old bug on bugzilla (Bug 31249) which highlighted this exact problem, but I don't know how to use the fix.

Can I change the modifier in any preferences, or do I need to build Eclipse myself with the changed modifier.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Re: Hyperlink Navigation on MAC Using CTRL Key [message #1739377 is a reply to message #1739314] Sun, 31 July 2016 07:36 Go to previous message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

You can try changing it on the Hyperlinking preference page. Us the filter search box in the Preferences dialog, or Quick Access (Cmd+3) to find it.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Previous Topic:javax.persistence.PersistenceException: No Persistence provider for EntityManager named XXXX
Next Topic:Python plugin - not available
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 23:40:41 GMT 2024