Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » e(fx)clipse » Where to get standard Eclipse bundles (e.g. bundle for BundleActivator)(Eclipse development is quite daunting)
Where to get standard Eclipse bundles (e.g. bundle for BundleActivator) [message #1739283] Fri, 29 July 2016 10:44 Go to next message
Onno Kouwenberg is currently offline Onno KouwenbergFriend
I'm used to do doing my JavaFX OSGi development with Apache Felix and Gradle, but I'm hoping to do a different app with the benifits of the Eclipse platform, especially the e(fx)clipse bundle.

Until now I find it a bit daunting, even though I've created some Eclipse IDE plugins in the past for a customized build environment. Then again, there the target platform was the same as the IDE itself so all things were present.

I've setup my environment with the e(fx)clipse target platform, and a local library folder for some additional libraries. I'd like to create a BundleActivator, but it seems to be not included in an exported bundle. Therefore I either have to mark it somewhere as exported or have the dependency downloaded. I just don't know where.

I guess I need to add an update site, select the right bundle. How to know which bundle? Is there some way to find out?

Regards,
Onno.
Re: Where to get standard Eclipse bundles (e.g. bundle for BundleActivator) [message #1739289 is a reply to message #1739283] Fri, 29 July 2016 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christoph Keimel is currently offline Christoph KeimelFriend
Hi Onno,

The BundleActivator interface is in the bundle org.eclipse.osgi. This bundle is included in the e(fx)clipse target platform.

You can use the view "Target Platform State" to see which bundles are loaded as part of the current target platform. Is the bundle org.eclipse.osgi listed here?
Maybe your target platform definition is flawed. What does it look like?

Christoph
Re: Where to get standard Eclipse bundles (e.g. bundle for BundleActivator) [message #1739292 is a reply to message #1739289] Fri, 29 July 2016 12:19 Go to previous message
Onno Kouwenberg is currently offline Onno KouwenbergFriend
I removed the project and started it all over again. Now the BundleActivator can be found in the right bundle, and the target platform does contain it.
Previous Topic:SWT on JavaFX still worked on?
Next Topic:How to model a status bar
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 14:06:41 GMT 2024