Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Indexer Problems openjdk8 / Ubuntu 16(Very slow indexer and member declaration not found even if the header is being detected correcty)
Indexer Problems openjdk8 / Ubuntu 16 [message #1739237] Thu, 28 July 2016 16:10 Go to next message
Philipp Koch is currently offline Philipp KochFriend
Hello,

this is my first post in this forum. I am an eclipse user for several years now and never experienced a problem like that. I switched to Ubuntu 16 recently and downloaded the latest Eclipse (Neon) CDT.
I build my projects with makefiles externally but use eclipse for developing.

Here is my problem. The indexer is very slow even though I have a powerful machine. It often hangs on 100% for a while and after it is finished, the member declaration of some classes is not found even though the header is detected correctly.

It looks like even though the indexer finds the header, it isnt indexing it correctly.

Can anybody help me with this problem? I work every day with eclipse and this is a real problem.

Kind regards,

Philipp
Re: Indexer Problems openjdk8 / Ubuntu 16 [message #1739239 is a reply to message #1739237] Thu, 28 July 2016 17:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
There is a glitch between GTK3 and Eclipse. These are workaround resolutions (use either):

1) Launch Eclipse with the parameter: --launcher.GTK_version 2
2) Set the environment variable to: export SWT_GTK3=0
3) Add "export SWT_GTK3=0" to your eclipse.ini file before the line "--launcher.appendVmargs"

Look at:

Eclipse Neon is very slow/hangs on fresh 16.04 install
http://askubuntu.com/a/788826/29012

-- L. James

--
L. D. James
ljames@apollo3.com
www.apollo3.com/~ljames

[Updated on: Thu, 28 July 2016 17:15] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Indexer Problems openjdk8 / Ubuntu 16 [message #1739241 is a reply to message #1739239] Thu, 28 July 2016 17:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jonah Graham is currently offline Jonah GrahamFriend
Philipp, I hope that L.D. James has solved your problem with the GTK suggestion. GTK3 support in Neon is vastly improved, but there are a few cases to iron out. If this case is one of them I think it needs to be converted into a bug report so it can be improved.

Jonah
Re: Indexer Problems openjdk8 / Ubuntu 16 [message #1739337 is a reply to message #1739239] Fri, 29 July 2016 22:37 Go to previous message
Philipp Koch is currently offline Philipp KochFriend
Thank you very much for your reply. Using gtk2 instead of 3 actually improved eclipse a lot. While I was testing your solution, I found the real reason for the problems. If the headers of pcl1.7 are included in the paths and symbols, the described behaviour appears. It might result from a double include from pcl and ros-pcl, but I am not sure yet.
Previous Topic:Makefile - generate invalid path
Next Topic:Main() is suspended upon debugging: Is this normal?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 10:17:10 GMT 2024