Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Maven repository for platform bundles(Consume Eclipse bundles with Maven)
Maven repository for platform bundles [message #1739192] Thu, 28 July 2016 08:41 Go to next message
Ken Wenzel is currently offline Ken WenzelFriend
Dear Eclipse community,

up until now it is not possible to directly consume Eclipse bundles from Maven since they are only deployed as P2 repositories. This makes it hard (almost impossible) to use other tools than Eclipse Tycho to build Eclipse/OSGi modules.
I've seen that some projects provide custom mirrors of Eclipse bundles on Maven Central. An example is the Eclipse Scout project:
http://search.maven.org/#search|ga|1|org.eclipse.scout.sdk.deps

Is it possible to regularly deploy Eclipse Platform and Eclipse Equinox bundles to Maven Central even if they don't haven any dependency information (for example simply via Eclipse Tycho build and Maven deploy)?

Please let me know if this is the right forum to ask this type of questions.
Any help is appreciated.

Thank you and best regards,
Ken

[Updated on: Wed, 03 August 2016 15:41]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Maven repository for platform bundles [message #1746688 is a reply to message #1739192] Thu, 03 November 2016 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ken Wenzel is currently offline Ken WenzelFriend
Any news on this issue?

Thank you.
Re: Maven repository for platform bundles [message #1746720 is a reply to message #1746688] Thu, 03 November 2016 16:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
Hi,

I found your message by accident (I am not following this Forum).

I am interested by the topic, and I have blogged about it a while ago. I use the mylyn-wikitext jars in my example, because I know the project well, but the approach could be applied to other bundles.

Have you a precise list of bundles that you would need to be available from a standard maven repository?
Re: Maven repository for platform bundles [message #1751515 is a reply to message #1746688] Wed, 11 January 2017 04:58 Go to previous message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
Ken Wenzel wrote on Thu, 03 November 2016 10:16
Any news on this issue?

Thank you.

Yes there is: https://objectteams.wordpress.com/2017/01/09/eclipse-neon-2-is-on-maven-central/
Previous Topic:Batch Quick fix
Next Topic:Eclipse Neon can't open twice without deleting metadata folder
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 07:25:13 GMT 2024