Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Problems with migration to Neon
Problems with migration to Neon [message #1739013] Tue, 26 July 2016 19:22 Go to next message
Simon Delisle is currently offline Simon DelisleFriend
Hi,

I have a few questions concerning the migration from Papyrus 1.0 to 2.0, but first let me explain my situation. I have to migrate a DSML to Neon, but I never did DSML or Papyrus plug-ins before. I tried to follow everything in the Papyrus migration guide (https://wiki.eclipse.org/Papyrus/Migration_Guide/Neon) in order to solve the large amount of errors I got from changing my target from Mars to Neon. I found a lot of information that helped me, but currently I have some trouble to understand the element type framework.

1) I have a lot of dependencies on the old extendedTypes framework that I can't find any replacement for.
Here are some example of class that I need to replace or find:
- org.eclipse.papyrus.infra.extendedtypes.types.IExtendedHintedElementType
- org.eclipse.papyrus.infra.extendedtypes.IActionConfigurationModelCreation
- org.eclipse.papyrus.infra.extendedtypes.IActionCreationElementValidator
- org.eclipse.papyrus.infra.extendedtypes.IActionEditHelperAdvice

2) I also have a problem with one extension point that I can't find its equivalent: "org.eclipse.papyrus.infra.extendedtypes.aspectActionConfiguration".

3) My last question is I have a model ".extendedtypes", but I'm not sure exactly what it does and by what I can replace it (.elementtypes maybe?).

Thank you in advance

Simon
Re: Problems with migration to Neon [message #1739119 is a reply to message #1739013] Wed, 27 July 2016 15:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Florian Noyrit is currently offline Florian NoyritFriend
Hi,

The new ElementTypeConfiguration framework is a generalization of the ExtendedTypes framework. There is no 1-1 mapping between them but all the things that could be done with ExtendedTypes can be done with the ElementTypeConfiguration.

1)
org.eclipse.papyrus.infra.extendedtypes.types.IExtendedHintedElementType -> org.eclipse.papyrus.infra.types.core.IConfiguredHintedElementType
org.eclipse.papyrus.infra.extendedtypes.IActionConfigurationModelCreation -> none (but somehow it is now in org.eclipse.papyrus.infra.types.core.factories.IEditHelperAdviceFactory and org.eclipse.papyrus.infra.types.core/schema/adviceConfigurationKind.exsd)
org.eclipse.papyrus.infra.extendedtypes.IActionCreationElementValidator -> none (but somehow it is now in org.eclipse.papyrus.infra.types.core.factories.IEditHelperAdviceFactory and org.eclipse.papyrus.infra.types.core/schema/adviceConfigurationKind.exsd)
org.eclipse.papyrus.infra.extendedtypes.IActionEditHelperAdvice -> none (but somehow it is now in org.eclipse.papyrus.infra.types.core.factories.IEditHelperAdviceFactory and org.eclipse.papyrus.infra.types.core/schema/adviceConfigurationKind.exsd)

2)
org.eclipse.papyrus.infra.extendedtypes.aspectActionConfiguration extensionpoint is now mostly org.eclipse.papyrus.infra.types.core/schema/adviceConfigurationKind.exsd
A good example of usage of this extension point can be found in org.eclipse.papyrus.uml.types.core that defines a custom advice type that applies UML stereotypes thanks to org.eclipse.papyrus.uml.types.core.advices.applystereotype.ApplyStereotypeAdviceConfigurationFactory and org.eclipse.papyrus.uml.types.core.advices.applystereotype.ApplyStereotypeAdviceConfiguration

3)
Generally speaking ".extendedtypes" models contain some elementtypes definitions and specializations relationships between them together with some advices definitions and the binding between those and the elementtypes.
".extendedtypes " models must migrate to a ".elementtypesconfigurations" models.
A good example of the new ".elementtypesconfigurations" models is the one defined for UML (org.eclipse.papyrus.uml.service.types/model/uml.elementtypesconfigurations)

HTH
Re: Problems with migration to Neon [message #1740632 is a reply to message #1739119] Tue, 16 August 2016 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Antonio Campesino is currently offline Antonio CampesinoFriend
Hi,

Is there any documentation or documented schema defining what is the structure of the new ".elementtypesconfigurations" model files and / or some guidelines how to create and handle them?

Thanks,

Antonio
Re: Problems with migration to Neon [message #1740705 is a reply to message #1740632] Wed, 17 August 2016 12:51 Go to previous message
Patrik Nandorf is currently offline Patrik NandorfFriend
Hi Antonio,

Have a look at the online help under Papyrus Guide -> Toolsmith Guide -> ElementTypeConfigurations Framework

regards
Patrik
Previous Topic:papyrus source code
Next Topic:MARTE profile+ eclipse indigo
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 02:20:11 GMT 2024