Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » New distribuited Application Problem(how to distribute a localhost application to more than one pc)
New distribuited Application Problem [message #1738997] Tue, 26 July 2016 16:12 Go to next message
emanuele vitolo is currently offline emanuele vitoloFriend
Hi all,
I have created a localhost application, and i need to divide it in two parts, one localhost and one on a remote pc connected throw LAN.
The only example that i found was about a remote frame and a local device, but i actually have two devices application, mapped "localhost:61499" and "%myip%:61499";
So whitch steps could i follow to do it?
Thanks to all, best regards.
Re: New distribuited Application Problem [message #1738999 is a reply to message #1738997] Tue, 26 July 2016 16:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

Hi,

in principal the steps are the same as in the example with the remote frame. As you did already correctly you configured the MGR_ID of your two devices to the correct IP address and port. The next step is to map your application parts to resources in the two devices. Afterwards you need to insert communication function blocks into the resources which will handle the communication between the two devices. I think this is also covered in this example.

Alois

P.S.: If you are keen you can also test a beta feature of 4diac: There is the possibility to automatically generate the communication function blocks. Right click on your application in the System Explorer and select Generate ... -> Generate communication FBs. But as said this feature is beta!!! Save your project and backup it before you try it.
Re: New distribuited Application Problem [message #1739006 is a reply to message #1738999] Tue, 26 July 2016 18:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
emanuele vitolo is currently offline emanuele vitoloFriend
Hi mr, Zoitl, thanks for your answer Smile
the new beta feature is great!
Anyway, do i need of the same number of function bocks that i have in my localhost application, mapped in two different way, in both the machines?

[Updated on: Tue, 26 July 2016 18:01]

Report message to a moderator

Re: New distribuited Application Problem [message #1739010 is a reply to message #1739006] Tue, 26 July 2016 18:40 Go to previous message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

You have to thank Luka Ledniki who implemented it.

You can freely map your function blocks according to your needs. So if your application requires you can even map all except one FB to one device and the other one to the other device. The only restriction may be the amount of memory you have available on your devices.
Previous Topic:How calculate time scan softPLC
Next Topic:How to export custom FB to forte
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 20:48:28 GMT 2024