Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Eclipse SmartHome » Rule conflict detection(Are there any plans to support the Rule conflict detection?)
Rule conflict detection [message #1738590] Thu, 21 July 2016 08:03 Go to next message
Dae-myeong Kang is currently offline Dae-myeong KangFriend
Hi guys!

I've created 2 rules to test the rule conflict detection of the rule engine like:

1. If an Opensensor is detected(opened), then lock a doorlock.
2. With same trigger & condition, then unlock the doorlock.

The result was that the first rule was executed(lock), and then the second rule was also executed(unlock).
The result shows that ESH doesn't support the rule conflict detection yet, right?
If it's "yes", please let me know about any plans what you have to support it.

[Updated on: Thu, 21 July 2016 21:24]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Rule conflict detection [message #1738629 is a reply to message #1738590] Thu, 21 July 2016 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marin Mitev is currently offline Marin MitevFriend
Hello,
The described scenario is not an issue for the rule engine itself. Such validation can be applied outside the rule engine - by the application that creates these rules.
Best regards,
Marin
Re: Rule conflict detection [message #1738630 is a reply to message #1738590] Thu, 21 July 2016 14:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marin Mitev is currently offline Marin MitevFriend
No Message Body

[Updated on: Thu, 21 July 2016 14:20]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Rule conflict detection [message #1738668 is a reply to message #1738590] Fri, 22 July 2016 05:32 Go to previous message
Yordan Mihaylov is currently offline Yordan MihaylovFriend
I'm agree with Marin. The rule conflict detection is out of scope of the Rule engine. Also it is very complex task. For example how do you know that the triggers of the both rules are same? The one can be subset of the other. The same is with conditions, and actions. Also if you have a list action which can be executed by a rule, you may want to split them into two rules for clarity. The problem is the rule engine can't know the behavior of executed actions.
I think the conflict detection is responsibility of rule creator.
Previous Topic:The maximum number of concurrent running devices
Next Topic:Fuzzy logic rule engine
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 23:37:56 GMT 2024