Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Allocation of Activities/Actions to blocks in SysML(How to perform an allocation using Papyrus diagrams)
Allocation of Activities/Actions to blocks in SysML [message #1738537] Wed, 20 July 2016 15:57 Go to next message
Rineseable Eika is currently offline Rineseable EikaFriend
Hi,

in SysML specification, it is mentioned that allocation of activities and/or actions, that have been described in an Activity diagram,on blocks, detailed in BDD or IDB is possible. It is mentioned that it this performed using one of these features:

• Swimlines, in activity diagram
  • allocated to/allocated from, in BDD and IBD diagram
  • allocation table

However, I can't find any of these options on papyrus installed on eclipse mars 1.2). How can I perform an allocation in papyrus, or is it only supported at the metamodel/model level? Are there tools that support allocation feature?

Best kinds.
Re: Allocation of Activities/Actions to blocks in SysML [message #1738591 is a reply to message #1738537] Thu, 21 July 2016 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mauricio Alferez is currently offline Mauricio AlferezFriend
Hi Eika

Swimlines in activity diagrams.
1. Create a new papyrus project with an Activity diagram (UML) inside.
2. Open the Activity diagram.
2. Click the button "Activity Partition" in the list of "Nodes" of the diagram Palete
3. Click inside the "Activity" shape displayed in the activity diagram. You will see a new activity partition inside the activity shape.
4. Repeat 2 and 3 to create more activity partitions.

Allocation table:
- Right click on any package (or model) nodes of your diagram in the model explorer view
- Click "New table" > "Allocation table"

More information from the documentation:
"SysML Allocation Table is a flat table
Elements Accepted : SysML Allocation only
Filling Way : Automatic, by Synchronization on the context of the model. Only the Allocation directly owned by the context of the table are displayed.
Possible Context : UML Package, with the SysML Profile Allocations applied.
Save : The Rows are not serialized in the model, because they are derived of the UML Model.
Element Creation : SysML Allocation"
Re: Allocation of Activities/Actions to blocks in SysML [message #1738595 is a reply to message #1738537] Thu, 21 July 2016 08:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mauricio Alferez is currently offline Mauricio AlferezFriend
Side note:

SysML 1.1 is installed by default in Mars. In Neon, it is required to install SysML1.1 manually by using one of the following update sites:

- Release.
http://download.eclipse.org/modeling/mdt/papyrus/updates/releases/neon

- Version with small corrections and improvements made after the release:
http://download.eclipse.org/modeling/mdt/papyrus/updates/nightly/neon

If you want to use SysML 1.4, you have visit the following website to read the instructions: https://www.eclipse.org/papyrus/components/sysml/
Re: Allocation of Activities/Actions to blocks in SysML [message #1738618 is a reply to message #1738595] Thu, 21 July 2016 12:52 Go to previous message
Rineseable Eika is currently offline Rineseable EikaFriend
Hi,

thank you for your details and answers. So, if I'm not mistaken, I can't use the latest SysML 1.4 version with Eclipse Mars, and if I want to do so, I need to use an Eclipse Neon with Papyrus that supports SysML 1.4? I was wondering if "allocation" features are fully supported in Papyrus with SysML 1.4, as I noticed on Papyrus User guide.

Regards,

Nesrine.
Previous Topic:Presentation of customized stereotype shapes in diagrams
Next Topic:Loading models from mars in neon
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 14:47:58 GMT 2024