Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Target Management » using Remote Terminal in my plugin
using Remote Terminal in my plugin [message #1738322] Tue, 19 July 2016 05:05 Go to next message
abhishek S is currently offline abhishek SFriend
I am new to plugin development. I have written a view where I am showing my servers. Now I need to add a context menu "Terminal" for servers. This menu has to do the same function which RSE -> Terminal does.
I have looked org.eclipse.rse.terminal.ui. It has all the features like menu,view to show terminal etc. What is the simplest way to reuse existing Terminal plugin?
Re: using Remote Terminal in my plugin [message #1738687 is a reply to message #1738322] Fri, 22 July 2016 09:04 Go to previous message
Martin Oberhuber is currently offline Martin OberhuberFriend
If your servers use Telnet or SSH, you can basically just register an org.eclipse.ui.menus extension point. See here for how this can be done -- the Java code with the Property testers should not strictly be necessary for a first proof of concept.

https://git.eclipse.org/c/tm/org.eclipse.tm.terminal.git/tree/plugins/org.eclipse.tm.terminal.view.ui.rse
Previous Topic:Child Tasks Not Terminating For RSED
Next Topic:Need example code snippet to open remote terminal and execute shell commands programmatically
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 14:36:56 GMT 2024