Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » OM2M » New contentInstance is not created when a notification is received(why new contentInstance is not created when a notification is received)
New contentInstance is not created when a notification is received [message #1738041] Fri, 15 July 2016 09:58 Go to next message
Son Duong is currently offline Son DuongFriend
Hi all,

I would like to test the subscription/notification function in OM2M by creating two applications: MY_SENSOR which was deployed in mn-cse and MY_ACTUATOR which was deployed in in-cse. After that I subscribed the "http://127.0.0.1:8080/~/in-cse/in-name/MY_ACTUATOR/DATA" into "http://127.0.0.1:8080/~/mn-cse/mn-name/MY_SENSOR/DATA" so that everytime new data value in MY_SENSOR/DATA is created, the MY_ACTUATOR will receive the notification. Then I used REST client to create new contentInstance in MY_SENSOR/DATA. Automatically a notification was sent to MY_ACTUATOR/DATA and it already successfully received the notification and showed up in the console but it did not create the contentInstance inside of the MY_ACTUATOR/DATA, it showed up with the error: "resource MY_ACTUATOR/DATA not found" while this resource was there. If I understand right, everytime new notification is received, new contentInstance is created to store this notification. Am I right?

Can anyone have an idea why that MY_ACTUATOR/DATA can not create new contentInstance everytime it receives notification. I am using OM2M v1.0.0

Thank you!

[Updated on: Mon, 25 July 2016 14:12]

Report message to a moderator

Re: New contentInstance is not created when a notification is received [message #1741457 is a reply to message #1738041] Thu, 25 August 2016 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Son Duong is currently offline Son DuongFriend
I solved this problem, because OM2M only supports the subscribe and notify method, it not supports to create the contentInstance automatically to store the notification value, instead I should create manually.

Son
Re: New contentInstance is not created when a notification is received [message #1772621 is a reply to message #1741457] Wed, 13 September 2017 08:13 Go to previous message
David de la Bastida is currently offline David de la BastidaFriend
Hello Son,

Could you please share the details of your solution?
Thank you.
Previous Topic:Docker image for OM2M
Next Topic:Question about non-server-capable application for subscription/notification scenarios
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:38:47 GMT 2024