Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » New Views in Default Drop-Down Menu(Getting custom "views" to appear in the drop-down "views" menu for a custom Eclipse/RCP application)
New Views in Default Drop-Down Menu [message #1737497] Fri, 08 July 2016 16:58 Go to next message
Sean Trott is currently offline Sean TrottFriend
Hello,

I am augmenting an existing application, which was developed using Eclipse and is based on Eclipse, but is used instead for linguistics research. The application resembles Eclipse itself in UI and function.

I developed several new "views" and features for the application. I was able to add links to open these applications by modifying the "plugin.xml" page. You can open them currently by doing:

Window --> Open View --> Other

And finding them in a folder nested there in the "other views" page.

However, I'd like them to show up in the general drop-down list that appears when you click "open view". Unfortunately, I can't figure out which file modifies this presumably simple command. I added the view in question (let's call it "View X") to the "show_view_action id" tags in a "workbench.xml" page, but this has no effect.

Has anyone else designed a custom Eclipse application, and added new views to the default drop-down menu?
Re: New Views in Default Drop-Down Menu [message #1737625 is a reply to message #1737497] Mon, 11 July 2016 12:00 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
These views are view shortcuts defined by the perspective. Your perspective definition, defined using an IPerspectiveFactory, can add view shortcuts. You can also add view shortcuts to an existing perspective using the org.eclipse.ui.perspectiveExtensions extension point.

Hope that helps.
Previous Topic:Setting minimum size to MPart Containers
Next Topic:.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 21:55:27 GMT 2024