Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Maven not working with proxy in Eclipse
Maven not working with proxy in Eclipse [message #1737210] Wed, 06 July 2016 12:47 Go to next message
Jean Vieuxtemps is currently offline Jean VieuxtempsFriend
Hi,

I'm trying to use Maven with Eclipse, but I have some trouble getting it to work with my proxy.

I installed Maven in C:\maven and I configured my proxy in C:\maven\conf\settings.xml and in C:\Users\[myusername]\.m2\settings.xml.
After some adjustments, I managed to get it working. Using maven from command line, everything seems to work (creating a project, downloading archetypes from the repository), so I suppose there is no problem here.

In Eclipse (I tried jee-mars and jee-neon), I changed the settings to point to the correct maven install path and settings.xml files.
Then, when trying to add a remote archetype catalog (http ://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/archetype-catalog.xml), I get the message "Remote catalog is empty". When I try to create a new Maven project and click the button "Add Archetype...", I get an error like this one : "Can't resolve Archetype com.vaadin:vaadin-archetype-application:LATEST
org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Could not resolve artifact com.vaadin:vaadin-archetype-application:pom:LATEST".

I also tried to set the proxy settings in Eclipse (as "Native" or as "Manual"), but still maven doesn't work.
I used Wireshark to see what happens when I try to add the remote catalog, and I see it tries to do DNS requests directly to repo.maven.apache.org, instead of sending HTTP requests through the proxy.

So...
- Proxy settings in Eclipse are working fine (I can install plugins for example)
- Proxy settings in Maven (from command line) are working fine
- Proxy settings in Maven inside Eclipse are not working.

Can you help me please ?

Thanks.
Jean.
Re: Maven not working with proxy in Eclipse [message #1737379 is a reply to message #1737210] Thu, 07 July 2016 16:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephan Herrmann is currently offline Stephan HerrmannFriend
Sounds like a question to the m2e experts. See here on how to contact them: https://www.eclipse.org/m2e/m2e-community.html
Re: Maven not working with proxy in Eclipse [message #1821976 is a reply to message #1737210] Tue, 25 February 2020 02:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vesselina Bakalov is currently offline Vesselina BakalovFriend
I have the same exact issue with Eclipse 2019-12. The embedded maven does not take the proxy settings defined in the settings.xml and the global network settings. I spent a lot of time trying to resolve but nothing helps.

Building outside Eclipse works fine.

Please let me know if you resolved the issue.

Thank you.
Re: Maven not working with proxy in Eclipse [message #1822012 is a reply to message #1821976] Tue, 25 February 2020 16:34 Go to previous message
Stephan Herrmann is currently offline Stephan HerrmannFriend
This is not a JDT question, but a question to the m2e experts. See here on how to contact them: https://www.eclipse.org/m2e/m2e-community.html
Previous Topic:Mark code blocks in different colours ?
Next Topic:JavaFx install error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 22:11:12 GMT 2024