Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Missing icon for Java Project when running custom product
Missing icon for Java Project when running custom product [message #1737091] Tue, 05 July 2016 15:32 Go to next message
Massimo Rabbi is currently offline Massimo RabbiFriend
Hi all,
I'm writing down here in order to see if someone is experiencing a similar issue with their custom RCP product or has a valid hint on how to solve.
I'm working on testing the compatibility of our RCP product with Eclipse Neon 4.6. I created a dedicated development environment with a proper target platform similar to the previous one based on 4.5.2.
Everything works fine when I create the launch configuration and select my product id, except the appearance of the project folder inside the Project Explorer. The "J" decorator appears ok but the project icon is a "red square", the classic one used when the image is not found.

index.php/fa/26394/0/

If I try to select another product id in the launch configuration (i.e. org.eclipse.platform.id or org.eclipse.sdk.ide) the icon is correctly shown.

index.php/fa/26393/0/

Not really sure of what's going on. In the console log there is no error that helps in determining the problem.

Any idea of what it could be? Is there any known bug?
Maybe I need to add some more dependencies? Anyhow this worked ok in 4.5.2.

By the way I also tried to produce a standalone product (via maven tycho), instead of using the runtime. But the problem remains.

Thanks in advance.
Best regards,
Massimo.
  • Attachment: iconOk.png
    (Size: 31.54KB, Downloaded 2291 times)
  • Attachment: iconProblem.png
    (Size: 30.08KB, Downloaded 2386 times)
Re: Missing icon for Java Project when running custom product [message #1742604 is a reply to message #1737091] Tue, 06 September 2016 06:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ingo Mohr is currently offline Ingo MohrFriend
Hey Massimo,

did you solve your problem? I got the same problem.
I think the icon could be in a plug-in that is missing somehow... don't know which one yet. Code should tell...

Best,
Ingo
Re: Missing icon for Java Project when running custom product [message #1742643 is a reply to message #1742604] Tue, 06 September 2016 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Unfortunately I haven't solved the problem yet. I will start re-investigating in the next days.
"Glad" to hear that I'm not the only one with this issue.
Please, if you find the solution let me know. I will do the same.

Best regards,
Massimo.
Re: Missing icon for Java Project when running custom product [message #1742681 is a reply to message #1742643] Tue, 06 September 2016 15:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ingo Mohr is currently offline Ingo MohrFriend
problem solved
--------------

Hey Massimo,

does this sound familiar to you?
Our "friend" was the WindowsAdvisor impl in the app plug-in (we have a 3.x application running on Neon base now).

6 years ago we apparently considered it a wonderful idea to copy&paste the internal org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEWorkbenchAdvisor implementation (which also declares the images).

I updated that impl now, and the icon was there as expected, again.

Maybe, your team had the same funny idea back then...

Best,
Ingo
Re: Missing icon for Java Project when running custom product [message #1742748 is a reply to message #1742681] Wed, 07 September 2016 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks. The information provided helped resolving the issue.
I can confirm it was more or less the same problem of yours.

Regards,
Massimo.
Re: Missing icon for Java Project when running custom product [message #1744624 is a reply to message #1742748] Thu, 29 September 2016 05:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yves Prelot is currently offline Yves PrelotFriend
Please could you share your solution ? I have the same problem here !

Thanks
Re: Missing icon for Java Project when running custom product [message #1745286 is a reply to message #1744624] Fri, 07 October 2016 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Rauscher is currently offline Michael RauscherFriend
I was facing the same problem, since I updated my target definition from older Luna to Neon.

As already mentioned in the previous anwers, the answer can be the ApplicationWorkbenchAdvisor with its classes in the org.eclipse.ui.ide plugin.

The old plugin I use was org.eclipse.ui.ide_3.10.2.v20141118-1227.jar while the new one has the version org.eclipse.ui.ide_3.12.1.v20160823-0925. When I looked into the icons folders, I saw that in the newer version, they are only providing .png icons, while in the older version, they are providing .png and .gif icons.

I was declaring only .gif files in my overriden initialize method in the ApplicationWorkbenchAdvisor, which could not be found.

Hope it helps somebody.
Re: Missing icon for Java Project when running custom product [message #1784673 is a reply to message #1745286] Mon, 02 April 2018 04:56 Go to previous message
Priti Baldawa is currently offline Priti BaldawaFriend
Hello all ,

Even I am facing the missing icon issue while migrating the RCP application from 3.x to 4.2.2 . However, I also changed my icons to .png from gif but the problem still persists. Can somebody help me out here? Thanks in advance.
Previous Topic:Plugin not auto starting in Eclipse
Next Topic:How to set chaild of org.eclipse.jface.text.source.SourceViewer as dirty
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 08:30:20 GMT 2024