Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » Generate Code Back From Diagram
icon9.gif  Generate Code Back From Diagram [message #1736840] Sat, 02 July 2016 17:39 Go to next message
Leed Ch is currently offline Leed ChFriend
Greetings

I'm new to both EMF and GMF and I've been assigned a task to create an EMF metamodel then a GMF one based on it to generate graphical diagrams.

Then i need to recreate code or classes from the generated diagram. Take the diagram attachment as an example

What i need to get is code or classes that holds the values and whatever inputs i have in the diagram

is this possible ??? how to accomplish this ???

Regards

Leed

• Attachment: Pic1.jpg
    (Size: 200.44KB, Downloaded 236 times)
Re: Generate Code Back From Diagram [message #1737615 is a reply to message #1736840] Mon, 11 July 2016 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Niklas Klipphahn is currently offline Niklas KlipphahnFriend
Sorry, I have no solution yet, but I need to do the same for my assignment.
Wouldn't it be sufficient to get a reference to the domain model element instance? All other elements should be saved in its attributes.

If I find a way to that I will post here again.
Re: Generate Code Back From Diagram [message #1737766 is a reply to message #1737615] Tue, 12 July 2016 16:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This could be relevant:
https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/361642/
Re: Generate Code Back From Diagram [message #1738732 is a reply to message #1737766] Fri, 22 July 2016 17:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leed Ch is currently offline Leed ChFriend
Hi Niklas, thanks for your help.

do you know where to add this code exactly ???? in the plugin ? in a class that i create ??? i don't know really where to start.
Re: Generate Code Back From Diagram [message #1738851 is a reply to message #1738732] Mon, 25 July 2016 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I haven't had time to look into this yet, but I have an approach in my mind.

For my project I will create an extra Button (don't know how yet, but I'm sure there's a way to do it). The code for that will be packaged somewhere within the plugin.
Then I'll assign an On-click action for that button that finds the "top element" of the active editor. (the "top element" is your "canvas" and "owns" all other elements)
Quote:
1. Get your actual workbench (IWorkbench workbench = MYGMFPROGRAM.getInstance().getWorkbench()Wink
2. Get your actual editor (editor = workbench.getActiveWorkbenchWindow().getActivePage().getActiveEditor()Wink
3. Casting the editor to a DiagramEditor (diagramEditor = (DiagramEditor) page.getActiveEditor();
diagram = diagramEditor.getDiagram()
4. Get the top of your diagram with: diagram.getElement();

Then I'll create a "CodeGen.java" class somewhere that gets the "top element" as argument in its constructor. This class will visit all elements and generate code from them.
I don't know how to generate code, but it should be easily found in google.

Sorry, but I can't help you more than that at the moment.
Re: Generate Code Back From Diagram [message #1743440 is a reply to message #1738732] Thu, 15 September 2016 13:41 Go to previous message
I have finished the code generation and it works.

What I did was creating an eclipse plugin that creates an additional button in the eclipse GUI.
You can read how to do that here:http://www.vogella.com/tutorials/EclipseCommands/article.html

Following those steps I created a Handler class which handles button presses. I created a class XXXGenerator, which the handler creates an instance of.

The handler can then get the active diagram:
IEditorPart ieditorpart = PlatformUI.getWorkbench().getActiveWorkbenchWindow().getActivePage().getActiveEditor();		
		if(ieditorpart instanceof DiagramEditor){
			DiagramEditor editor = (DiagramEditor) ieditorpart;
			EObject object = editor.getDiagram().getElement();

then for example:
if(object instanceof DscProject){
						DscProject project = (DscProject) object;
DscCodeGen generator = new DscCodeGenJava();
						DirectoryDialog dialog =  new DirectoryDialog(window.getShell());
						dialog.setText("Enter directory for code generation");
						String url;
						url = dialog.open();
						if(url != null){
						generator.generate(url, project);
						MessageDialog.openInformation(
								window.getShell(),
								"Generator",
								"Code for " + project.getName() + "has been created"); 

The generator class then has access to all model elements via
project.getXXElement();
project.getXXEdge();
You can iterate over all your diagram elements. Don't forget to check the type and cast if needed.

I used JCodeModel to generate my code.

I hope it helps if you aren't already done with your assignment.
If you have further questions, just ask them.
Previous Topic:news.eclipse.org is shutting down.
Next Topic:Simple constraint using OCL
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 10:07:28 GMT 2024