Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Using data cube tables leads to error "There is no report design object available"
Using data cube tables leads to error "There is no report design object available" [message #1736418] Wed, 29 June 2016 11:02 Go to next message
Jörg Steffen is currently offline Jörg SteffenFriend
I'm using Eclipse with BIRT 4.2.2, and I find a (for me) strange behavior which I cannot fix.

I created some simple reports with data cubes, displayed as tables. I tested them with the internal browser, they all worked fine. There are no special scripts inside, no parameters etc.

Then I published them to our server, and half of them are not working, I only receive the error message "There is no report design object available". Expanding this message leads to the following, maybe it helps:

org.eclipse.birt.report.exception.ViewerException: There is no report design object available.
	at org.eclipse.birt.report.context.ViewerAttributeBean.__init(ViewerAttributeBean.java:226)
	at org.eclipse.birt.report.context.BaseAttributeBean.init(BaseAttributeBean.java:233)
	at org.eclipse.birt.report.context.ViewerAttributeBean.<init>(ViewerAttributeBean.java:118)
	at org.eclipse.birt.report.context.BirtContext.__init(BirtContext.java:44)
	at org.eclipse.birt.report.context.BaseContext.<init>(BaseContext.java:69)
	at org.eclipse.birt.report.context.BirtContext.<init>(BirtContext.java:30)
	at org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.BirtEngineServlet.__getContext(BirtEngineServlet.java:76)
	at org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.BaseReportEngineServlet.doGet(BaseReportEngineServlet.java:163)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:617)
	at org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServletBase.service(AxisServletBase.java:327)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:723)
	at org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.BaseReportEngineServlet.service(BaseReportEngineServlet.java:116)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
	at org.eclipse.birt.report.filter.ViewerFilter.doFilter(ViewerFilter.java:68)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
	at com.ave.er.filters.SessionExpiredFilter.doFilter(SessionExpiredFilter.java:56)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
	at com.ave.er.filters.CharsetFilter.doFilter(CharsetFilter.java:32)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
	at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
	at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:293)
	at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:859)
	at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:602)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:489)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

When I open and test the effected reports in Eclipse again, everything works well. When I delete the cube tables (NOT the cubes itselves), and I upload the reports again to our server, the reports are working. And I have to delete all cube tables, not only one, so for me it looks like that there is a more general problem.

And again, only half of my reports are showing this behavior, the other are working fine, incl the data cube tables.

I really have no idea what's wrong, I'm using the same development environment, same Postgres database, etc, and I get two different behaviors.

Does anybody has an idea how to solve this?

Thanks and best regards,
Jörg
Re: Using data cube tables leads to error &quot;There is no report design object available&q [message #1736509 is a reply to message #1736418] Thu, 30 June 2016 03:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Colin Sutton is currently offline Colin SuttonFriend
Jörg Steffen <forums-noreply@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm using Eclipse with BIRT 4.2.2, and I find a (for me) strange behavior
> which I cannot fix.
>
> I created some simple reports with data cubes, displayed as tables. I
> tested them with the internal browser, they all worked fine. There are no
> special scripts inside, no parameters etc.
>
> Then I published them to our server, and half of them are not working, I
> only receive the error message "There is no report design object
> available". Expanding this message leads to the following, maybe it helps:
>
> org.eclipse.birt.report.exception.ViewerException: There is no report
> design object available.
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.context.ViewerAttributeBean.__init(ViewerAttributeBean.java:226)
>
> at org.eclipse.birt.report.context.BaseAttributeBean.init(BaseAttributeBean.java:233)
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.context.ViewerAttributeBean.<init>(ViewerAttributeBean.java:118)
>
> at org.eclipse.birt.report.context.BirtContext.__init(BirtContext.java:44)
> at org.eclipse.birt.report.context.BaseContext.<init>(BaseContext.java:69)
> at org.eclipse.birt.report.context.BirtContext.<init>(BirtContext.java:30)
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.BirtEngineServlet.__getContext(BirtEngineServlet.java:76)
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.BaseReportEngineServlet.doGet(BaseReportEngineServlet.java:163)
> at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:617)
> at org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServletBase.service(AxisServletBase.java:327)
> at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:723)
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.BaseReportEngineServlet.service(BaseReportEngineServlet.java:116)
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
> at org.eclipse.birt.report.filter.ViewerFilter.doFilter(ViewerFilter.java:68)
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
> at com.ave.er.filters.SessionExpiredFilter.doFilter(SessionExpiredFilter.java:56)
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
> at
> at com.ave.er.filters.CharsetFilter.doFilter(CharsetFilter.java:32)
> at
> at
> at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233)
> at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)
> at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
> at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)
> at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
> at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:293)
> at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:859)
> at
> org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:602)
> at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:489)
> at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
>
> When I open and test the effected reports in Eclipse again, everything
> works well. When I delete the cube tables (NOT the cubes itselves), and I
> upload the reports again to our server, the reports are working. And I
> have to delete all cube tables, not only one, so for me it looks like
> that there is a more general problem.
>
> And again, only half of my reports are showing this behavior, the other
> are working fine, incl the data cube tables.
>
> I really have no idea what's wrong, I'm using the same development
> environment, same Postgres database, etc, and I get two different behaviors.
>
> Does anybody has an idea how to solve this?
>
> Thanks and best regards,
> Jörg
>

I have seen that error message when the server is an older BIRT version
than eclipse.

--
Colin Sutton
Re: Using data cube tables leads to error &quot;There is no report design object available&q [message #1736706 is a reply to message #1736509] Fri, 01 July 2016 09:28 Go to previous message
Jörg Steffen is currently offline Jörg SteffenFriend
Hi Colin,

thanks for your answer, but in that case, I really wonder why other similar reports are working, also with data cube tables inside...

Anyway, I will check the versions, maybe this will help.

BR,
Jörg

Colin Sutton wrote on Thu, 30 June 2016 03:32

I have seen that error message when the server is an older BIRT version
than eclipse.

--
Colin Sutton

[Updated on: Fri, 01 July 2016 09:30]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Javascript problem in 2.5.2 -> 4.5.0 upgrade
Next Topic:Maximo System Library Irregularity
Goto Forum: