Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Equinox » process to reconciler dropins(process to reconciler dropins)
process to reconciler dropins [message #1736164] Mon, 27 June 2016 08:21 Go to next message
Juan Carlos Perez is currently offline Juan Carlos PerezFriend
Hi everybody

I need help with process to reconciler dropins. We have one application that use Eclipse 3 and we need pass the bundles.info file to start.

Where I can find the code for org.eclipse.equinox.p2.reconciler.dropins version 1.1.100 of 20110815?, where I can find documentation for the reconciler process?

Thanks a lot

Juan Carlos Pérez C
Re: process to reconciler dropins [message #1736259 is a reply to message #1736164] Tue, 28 June 2016 02:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pascal Rapicault is currently offline Pascal RapicaultFriend
The bundles.info is the result of the provisioning operation. As such it is not a file that you download and lay out at a given place.
The dropins works by looking for plugins in a given folder, then it resolves the dependencies of all the elements found, installs all the elements that can be installed (i.e. where the dependencies are satisfied) which results in the bundle to appear in the bundles.info.
Re: process to reconciler dropins [message #1736285 is a reply to message #1736259] Tue, 28 June 2016 08:47 Go to previous message
Juan Carlos Perez is currently offline Juan Carlos PerezFriend
Thanks for you reply

We know that bundles.info is calculate in base to directories that are mapped for link files in dropins. But, we have a distributions system that knows the correct version of each one of plugins of our application for each user. The problem is that for each plugins that we modify means a new version of those plugin that is download to server directory and, currently reconciler process fails because we have plugins with more than 18 versions, and for enterprise politics, we can not delete old versions of plugins, (yes, I know that this will be a problem in future, but we will cross this bridge when will arrive to him).
The idea is that like distribution system knows the last version of plugins for user, this system create the bundles.info. Uds knows another option?.

Apologize for my poor English.

Thanks
Juan Carlos Pérez C
Previous Topic:Can't run P2 director using EclipseStarter
Next Topic:Why cannot run IN-CSE and MN-CSE in defferent PC
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 15:06:34 GMT 2024