Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Neon & Ctrl + + Text Zoom ?(Zoom text hotkey not working ?)
Neon & Ctrl + + Text Zoom ? [message #1736073] Fri, 24 June 2016 22:01 Go to next message
Giuliano Lotta is currently offline Giuliano LottaFriend
Hi !
I installed Neon Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developers 64 bit (from the installer) under ubuntu 14.04 + Oracle Java 8
I'm also using pyDev 5.1.2

I was expecting the Ctrl+ + to zoom in, in the editor windows, but it doesn't work,

The feature is showed in youtube "Eclipse Neon: IDE Improvements " at 0:22 s

Is it a bug or does it work for you ?
what can I test or check ?

Re: Neon & Ctrl + + Text Zoom ? [message #1736390 is a reply to message #1736073] Wed, 29 June 2016 06:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Holger Voormann is currently offline Holger VoormannFriend
Hi Giuliano,

Please check if the command is not working or the shortcut is not assigned to the command:

In the Quick Access (Ctrl+3) field enter "Zoom In". The "Zoom In - Zoom in text, increase default font size for text editors (Ctrl++)" should be listed. Click on the command to execute it.

If the command is working, then check the shortcut: in "Window > Preferences" in "General > Keys" filter by "Zoom In". There should be a "Zoom In" command with the binding "Ctrl++" and with "When" set to "Editing Text".

PS: Thank you for watching my video. Meanwhile I created an extended version: https://youtu.be/lCsd681yo1c
Re: Neon & Ctrl + + Text Zoom ? [message #1738048 is a reply to message #1736390] Fri, 15 July 2016 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Levan Kekelidze is currently offline Levan KekelidzeFriend
I also have the same issue in Eclipse Neon. But in my case I still can Zoom In and Out using "Ctrl+=" and "Ctrl+-" (those "=" and "-" that are located in the Keyboards upper row right to the numbers).

But what is more interesting there seems to be NO option to RESET the Zoom. Is this true??? How come?

[Updated on: Thu, 04 January 2024 23:04]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Neon & Ctrl + + Text Zoom ? [message #1759625 is a reply to message #1736390] Fri, 14 April 2017 02:53 Go to previous message
Evgeny Voropaev is currently offline Evgeny VoropaevFriend
Helo!
Dear Holger Voormann!
I have fulfilled all of your recommendations above. Every settings are consistens. But hotkeys Ctrl++ and Ctrl+= is nor working. Zoom in working only through Ctrl+3 Window!
Can you help me, please?
Previous Topic:Eclipse quits unexpectedly
Next Topic:Eclipse Neon autocomplete UI error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 21:13:10 GMT 2024