Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Opening .java files(Importing them won't work)
icon8.gif  Opening .java files [message #1736067] Fri, 24 June 2016 20:15 Go to next message
Ashley Rae is currently offline Ashley RaeFriend
All I need to do is open .java files on my computer, that were not created in Eclipse, in Eclipse. I've had no success, when I thought I did, it kept telling me they couldn't run.

I tried to follow the Eclipse site instructions for importing them and nothing showed up when it said select which projects to import. I'm at my wit's end with this.

Can someone help, please??
Re: Opening .java files [message #1741017 is a reply to message #1736067] Mon, 22 August 2016 11:37 Go to previous message
Mickael Istria is currently offline Mickael IstriaFriend

First identify what's the root directory of your project: usually it's the parent directory of some src/ folder.
File > New > Java Project. Then enter the project directory and press Finish.
In a near future, we'd like to enable a new workflow (File > Open Projects from Filesystem... Select the best directory for your project () and press "Finish"), but it currently misses support for Java project. See https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=489869 for details.
Previous Topic:Overriding standard commands
Next Topic:Reload Eclipse Editor
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 07:36:54 GMT 2024