Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Model Driven Health Tools » ONC 2015 S&CC Vocabulary Validation(Question on how to obtain results similar to the ETT from MDHT)
ONC 2015 S&CC Vocabulary Validation [message #1735633] Tue, 21 June 2016 13:57 Go to next message
Jason Countryman is currently offline Jason CountrymanFriend
Good morning, and thank you for your time.

I'm working on creating my own validator output from the MDHT base for upcoming MU3 certification.

When comparing my results to the Edge Testing Tool 2.1 validator, the implementation guide (IG) results are exactly the same in my validator (using MDHT) as the ETT gets. However, the ETT also has ONC 2015 errors and warnings as well, that I don't get out of a simple CDAUtil.load() result.

Is there something simple here I need to perform? I'm using the NT_Bad_AllergyReactionElements_r21_v1.xml that you can get from the ETT as my test document. I've tried several different methods with the load, and still get usually the same results.

Do I, perhaps, have to validate on a section level to get those results, or are they not even part of MDHT?

Thank you,

Jason
Re: ONC 2015 S&CC Vocabulary Validation [message #1735782 is a reply to message #1735633] Wed, 22 June 2016 15:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sean Muir is currently offline Sean MuirFriend
Jason -
Probably need to see the code snippet you are using to validate but the validation for MDHT is managed through this interface
You will get a call back for each violation based on their severity
If for instance you do not do anything for warnings - they will be not be processed
thanks

If this is specific to terminology constraints - there was some additional services added to the online to augment the initial terminology validation. unfortunately it has not been contributed back to open source
Sean
public interface ValidationHandler {
		public void handleError(Diagnostic diagnostic);

public void handleWarning(Diagnostic diagnostic);

public void handleInfo(Diagnostic diagnostic);
	}
Re: ONC 2015 S&CC Vocabulary Validation [message #1735788 is a reply to message #1735782] Wed, 22 June 2016 17:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What I'm doing is really quite simple:

ValidationResult result = new ValidationResult();				
		try {			
			InputStream documentStream = new ByteArrayInputStream(sDocument.getBytes(StandardCharsets.UTF_8));						
			ClinicalDocument ccdDocument = (ClinicalDocument)CDAUtil.load(documentStream,result);
		} catch (Exception e) {
			// TODO Auto-generated catch block
			e.printStackTrace();
		}

And then accessing the warnings errors a little down the line this way:

for (org.eclipse.emf.common.util.Diagnostic diagnostic  : result.getErrorDiagnostics())
			{
				// send these back over the socket
				out.println("ERR:" + diagnostic.getMessage() + "\n");
			}
			for (org.eclipse.emf.common.util.Diagnostic diagnostic : result.getWarningDiagnostics())
			{
				// send these back over the socket	
				out.println("WARN:" + diagnostic.getMessage() + "\n");
			}

I'm getting, for the MDHT warnings/errors, the same results that the ETT validator puts out, I'm just not getting the vocabulary validation results. It sounds like that may be what was added and not added to the open source yet. Any idea if it will be?
Re: ONC 2015 S&CC Vocabulary Validation [message #1736232 is a reply to message #1735633] Mon, 27 June 2016 15:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dan Brown is currently offline Dan BrownFriend
Those results are provided by a service from the ONC supported SITE team (sitenv.org).
You can find the repositories here:
https://github.com/siteadmin

Thanks,
Dan
Re: ONC 2015 S&CC Vocabulary Validation [message #1736238 is a reply to message #1736232] Mon, 27 June 2016 18:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Excellent. Thank you so much!
Re: ONC 2015 S&CC Vocabulary Validation [message #1747211 is a reply to message #1736238] Thu, 10 November 2016 18:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jon Forwick is currently offline Jon ForwickFriend
Hi Jason/Others,

Fingers crossed that people are still reading this forum!

Just wondering if you had any further pointers/tips as to integrating the vocabulary validation services with the MDHT validitor.

I am in the exact same situation (using essentially the exact same code as Jason is using above) and was hoping someone would have some slightly more detailed instructions/information as to integrating the SITE vocabulary validation (eg . which SITE project is the actual project that performs the vocabulary validation, how to integrate it with MDHT etc).

Do the vocabulary validations get returned as part of the result.getErrorDiagnostics() call?

Hope there are still eyes out there!

TIA for any assistance!
Re: ONC 2015 S&CC Vocabulary Validation [message #1748802 is a reply to message #1747211] Mon, 28 November 2016 19:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I actually got pulled away from that project for a while and am just now getting back to it.

I never got near a completion point of performing vocabulary checks. The sitenv application seems explicitly engineered solely for the test cases and nothing more. I've sent several messages to the developers, and haven't received any useful information back.

Re: ONC 2015 S&CC Vocabulary Validation [message #1755960 is a reply to message #1748802] Thu, 09 March 2017 15:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This is the project that handles both vocabulary validation and reference validation via varying dependencies also in the siteadmin repo:
https://github.com/siteadmin/referenceccdavalidator

I'm not sure what you mean by this, "The sitenv application seems explicitly engineered solely for the test cases and nothing more."
But, if you like the results on TTP (ETT/TTT) or sitenv beyond the MDHT results, the SITE referenceccdavalidator project is where they are derived from.
Re: ONC 2015 S&CC Vocabulary Validation [message #1755961 is a reply to message #1755960] Thu, 09 March 2017 15:13 Go to previous message
BTW, something is in the works to handle further vocabulary validation beyond what MDHT already does. Sean Muir would be the best resource to learn about that.
Previous Topic:Validation based on severity level
Next Topic:Help on getting started with MDHT
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 22:18:16 GMT 2024