Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » NatTable » Nattable with "horizontal tree" structure
Nattable with "horizontal tree" structure [message #1735305] Fri, 17 June 2016 09:05 Go to next message
Thorsten Schlathölter is currently offline Thorsten SchlathölterFriend
Hi,
I am looking for a possibility to present a matrix for a Tree-Structure. Expandable vertically and horizontal (dynamically changing the column number). So basically the row header group and the column header group should be presented by a tree where the column tree must obviously be rotated by 90°.

Does anybody know if this is feasible with Nattable?

Thanks in advance
Thorsten
Re: Nattable with "horizontal tree" structure [message #1735317 is a reply to message #1735305] Fri, 17 June 2016 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
I don't really understand what you are trying to achieve. As you already noticed dynamically showing columns is possible, e.g. using the ColumnGroupHeaderLayer with the ColumnGroupExpandCollapse layer. What you mean by "rotated by 90°" is not clear to me. If you only need to rotate the text, well that is simple. If you need to move it somewhere else, well that wouldn't work with the ColumnGroupHeaderLayer, but you could implement your own layer that triggers the ColumnGroupExpandCollapse function in the body. That is basically how it works.

Technically it should be possible to implement something like you request. But there is surely no out-of-the-box solution available.
Re: Nattable with "horizontal tree" structure [message #1735393 is a reply to message #1735317] Sat, 18 June 2016 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the information. I will check how well the standard functionality matches my needs.

Regards,
Thorsten

Re: Nattable with "horizontal tree" structure [message #1735991 is a reply to message #1735393] Fri, 24 June 2016 08:38 Go to previous message
Just to finish this up. I have created a HorizontalTreeLayer by transposing the behaviour of the TreeLayer and all relevant Painters, Commands and Handlers.
Together with the respective IDataProviders this works like a charm.

Again I have to say that I am quite impressed about the power and ease of use of Nattable.

Great work!

Regards,
Thorsten
Previous Topic:column with by percent and group column header
Next Topic:In NatTable hide horizontal scrollbar with out disturbing vertical scrolling
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 17:38:37 GMT 2024