Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » Remove version control from Eclipose RCP project(Programatically untrack / disconnect an existing project)
Remove version control from Eclipose RCP project [message #1735214] Thu, 16 June 2016 11:11 Go to next message
Vlad Acretoaie is currently offline Vlad AcretoaieFriend
Hi,

I have an Eclipse RCP application that uses EGit and JGit to implement the version control of projects.

In some cases, I want to make it so that a project is no longer under version control. This implies both deleting the project's .git directory on the file system, and making my application aware that the project is not under version control.

I tried looking through the JGit API for solutions to this, but could not find anything useful. Simply deleting the .git directory using a file manipulation API is not sufficient, as some files in it seem to be locked (very likely by JGit).

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Vlad
Re: Remove version control from Eclipose RCP project [message #1736218 is a reply to message #1735214] Mon, 27 June 2016 14:25 Go to previous message
Matthias Sohn is currently offline Matthias SohnFriend
You need to first close the repository before you can delete it since it's keeping pack files open
Previous Topic:EGit API documentation (javadoc)
Next Topic:Unable to pull - Attempted to beginRule: R/, does not match outer scope rule: MultiRule
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 08:47:34 GMT 2024