Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » When I open Eclipse, no window is visible(app is clearly running -- hidden window?)
When I open Eclipse, no window is visible [message #1735143] Wed, 15 June 2016 19:15 Go to next message
sneakyimp Mising name is currently offline sneakyimp Mising nameFriend
I'm running Ubuntu 14.04. When I open Eclipse PDT using the task bar, it opens as usual with the loading/splash screen, etc., but when it finishes starting up, I do not see any window or workspace or project windows at all. I can see Eclipse is running because the menu bar is there. The launcher icon shows that I have one project/perspective/whatever open (see image).

If I select window->new window then I can see everything --all my projects in the explorer, the source window, console, etc.

Can someone tell me how to unhide that window that is hidden when Eclipse starts up? Seems to me I accidentally fat-fingered some quick key or something at some point and my default window disappeared.
Re: When I open Eclipse, no window is visible [message #1735146 is a reply to message #1735143] Wed, 15 June 2016 20:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dawid Pakula is currently offline Dawid PakulaFriend
You probably working on updated 14.04 and trying install current stable, Mars.2.

You have to switch to GTK2 (see https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/1071268/), or use current Neon RC3 - https://www.eclipse.org/downloads/index-developer.php

Re: When I open Eclipse, no window is visible [message #1735157 is a reply to message #1735146] Wed, 15 June 2016 23:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've been using Eclipse just fine for about a year. This problem only just started a couple of days ago after I clumsily hit some key combination. It is NOT an effect of any software update.
Re: When I open Eclipse, no window is visible [message #1735913 is a reply to message #1735157] Thu, 23 June 2016 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello? Anyone have a suggestion?
Re: When I open Eclipse, no window is visible [message #1735916 is a reply to message #1735913] Thu, 23 June 2016 14:56 Go to previous message
Dawid Pakula is currently offline Dawid PakulaFriend
It's possible that your XMI file is broken. Can you remove WORKSPACE/.metadata/plugins/org.eclipse.e4.workbench/workspace.xmi and run eclipse with fresh perspectives?

Previous Topic:Webinar: What's New for PHP Developers in Eclipse Neon?
Next Topic:Navigation doesn't work
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 23:17:04 GMT 2024