Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Gemini » Does Gemini work with EclipseLink 2.7.0?
Does Gemini work with EclipseLink 2.7.0? [message #1734988] Tue, 14 June 2016 13:41 Go to next message
Pavel No is currently offline Pavel NoFriend
I tried to work with eclipselink 2.7.0 with gemini. However, I get the following exceptions:

ERROR: Bundle org.eclipse.gemini.jpa [58] EventDispatcher: Error during dispatch. (java.lang.NullPointerException)
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.EntityManagerSetupImpl.predeploy(EntityManagerSetupImpl.java:2068)
	at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.deployment.JPAInitializer.callPredeploy(JPAInitializer.java:98)
	at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.deployment.JPAInitializer.initPersistenceUnits(JPAInitializer.java:310)
	at org.eclipse.gemini.jpa.eclipselink.GeminiOSGiInitializer.initializeFromBundle(GeminiOSGiInitializer.java:101)
	at org.eclipse.gemini.jpa.eclipselink.EclipseLinkProvider.initializeForWeaving(EclipseLinkProvider.java:92)
	at org.eclipse.gemini.jpa.ProviderWrapper.initializeForWeaving(ProviderWrapper.java:166)
	at org.eclipse.gemini.jpa.GeminiManager.preResolve(GeminiManager.java:207)
	at org.eclipse.gemini.jpa.PersistenceBundleExtender.tryAssigningPersistenceUnitsInBundle(PersistenceBundleExtender.java:255)
	at org.eclipse.gemini.jpa.PersistenceBundleExtender.bundleChanged(PersistenceBundleExtender.java:427)
	at org.apache.felix.framework.util.EventDispatcher.invokeBundleListenerCallback(EventDispatcher.java:916)
	at org.apache.felix.framework.util.EventDispatcher.fireEventImmediately(EventDispatcher.java:835)
	at org.apache.felix.framework.util.EventDispatcher.fireBundleEvent(EventDispatcher.java:517)
	at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.fireBundleEvent(Felix.java:4541)
	at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.refreshBundle(Felix.java:4506)
	at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.access$900(Felix.java:106)
	at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix$RefreshHelper.refreshOrRemove(Felix.java:5043)
	at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.refreshPackages(Felix.java:4244)
	at org.apache.felix.framework.FrameworkWiringImpl.run(FrameworkWiringImpl.java:188)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

and

java.lang.NullPointerException: null
	at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.EntityManagerSetupImpl.predeploy(EntityManagerSetupImpl.java:2068)
	at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.deployment.JPAInitializer.callPredeploy(JPAInitializer.java:98)
	at org.eclipse.persistence.jpa.PersistenceProvider.createEntityManagerFactoryImpl(PersistenceProvider.java:104)
	at org.eclipse.persistence.jpa.PersistenceProvider.createEntityManagerFactory(PersistenceProvider.java:188)
	at org.eclipse.gemini.jpa.ProviderWrapper.createEntityManagerFactory(ProviderWrapper.java:128)
	at org.eclipse.gemini.jpa.proxy.EMFServiceProxyHandler.createEMF(EMFServiceProxyHandler.java:151)
	at org.eclipse.gemini.jpa.proxy.EMFServiceProxyHandler.syncGetEMFAndSetIfAbsent(EMFServiceProxyHandler.java:127)
	at org.eclipse.gemini.jpa.proxy.EMFServiceProxyHandler.invoke(EMFServiceProxyHandler.java:73)
	at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy9.createEntityManager(Unknown Source)

The exceptions only appear when I use eclipselink 2.7.0 and don't appear when I use eclipselink 2.6.3.
Re: Does Gemini JPA work with EclipseLink 2.7.0? [message #1735008 is a reply to message #1734988] Tue, 14 June 2016 15:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Keith is currently offline Michael KeithFriend
EclipseLink 2.7.0 hasn't even been released yet, has it?

P.S. Please specify which Gemini subproject you are referring to in the title when you post a question as this forum is for all Gemini projects. I have modified the subject title accordingly.
Re: Does Gemini JPA work with EclipseLink 2.7.0? [message #1735015 is a reply to message #1735008] Tue, 14 June 2016 16:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pavel No is currently offline Pavel NoFriend
Yes, it hasn't but I think it could work. Can you explain what I do wrong while posting questions? I select eclipse forum -> gemini. Is this not enough?
Re: Does Gemini JPA work with EclipseLink 2.7.0? [message #1735019 is a reply to message #1735015] Tue, 14 June 2016 16:45 Go to previous message
Michael Keith is currently offline Michael KeithFriend
Quote:
Yes, it hasn't but I think it could work.

Ok, you get to be the one to find out what the problem is, then. Smile
If it is an EclipseLink problem then you can report it to them on the EclipseLink forum, otherwise report your findings back on this thread.

Quote:
Can you explain what I do wrong while posting questions? I select eclipse forum -> gemini. Is this not enough?

There are 6 different Gemini subprojects. When you create a new post and are asking about Gemini JPA, include Gemini JPA (not just Gemini) in the subject line of the post so it is clear which Gemini subproject you are asking about. For example, you started this thread with "Does Gemini work with EclipseLink 2.7.0?" and I changed the title in my reply to "Does Gemini JPA work with EclipseLink 2.7.0?"
Previous Topic:EclipseLink: static weaving, inheritance and OSGi
Next Topic:Wildfly 10 + JBoss OSGi + Spring + Gemini Blueprint startup is slow and fills memory
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 02:43:24 GMT 2024