Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » project missing necessary xtext jars while launching workbench(Launch configuration missing org.eclipse.xtext, etc.)
project missing necessary xtext jars while launching workbench [message #1734848] Mon, 13 June 2016 13:39 Go to next message
Tony Chou is currently offline Tony ChouFriend
Hi Experts,

I noticed that I can build using Maven an xtext project with no errors. But when I started running "Eclipse Application" I noticed it sent a bunch of errors to the console saying:

!MESSAGE FrameworkEvent ERROR
!STACK 0
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: com.test.MyDSL [1025]
Unresolved requirement: Require-Bundle: org.eclipse.xtext

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:434)
at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1582)
. . .

After reading a while I noticed the project's plugin.xml has the following lines in it:

Require-Bundle: com.test.MyDSL
org.eclipse.xtext.ui,
org.eclipse.xtext.ui.shared

It seems to me there are gaps from where an Xtext project is created in Eclipse and bringing in the necessary jar libraries it needs to run the Eclipse Application (workbench). This is similar to the case where I can create a junit test case in my regular Eclipse project but later when I convert the project to Maven I still need to add the dependency junit jar in the POM.xml file since Eclipse IDE doesn't know about Maven automatically from its own dependency to the ones of Maven.

So, what is the best approach here? Should I manually add those missing jars to the project or are there any other better ways? I've read about launch configuration but am not 100%.

Thanks in advance for your help and guidance!

Sincerely,
Tony Chou

Re: project missing necessary xtext jars while launching workbench [message #1734851 is a reply to message #1734848] Mon, 13 June 2016 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
HI,

is this about pure maven or about maven tycho?

with tycho com.test.MyDSL should have a dependency to org.eclipse.xtext in manifest.

did you hit add required and validate when launching as eclipse application?

Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de
Re: project missing necessary xtext jars while launching workbench [message #1734864 is a reply to message #1734848] Mon, 13 June 2016 14:55 Go to previous message
Tony Chou is currently offline Tony ChouFriend
Found the cause of my problem. I had to re-install Eclipse and forgot to install the correct XText feature/plugin - After installing from this URL errors are gone (https://eclipse.org/Xtext/download.html) http://download.eclipse.org/modeling/tmf/xtext/updates/composite/releases/

Previous Topic:How to Customize Xtext References Results View in Eclipse RCP Workbench
Next Topic:JVMInferrer: define a typeParameter for a generated class
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 20:39:39 GMT 2024