Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF "Technology" (Ecore Tools, EMFatic, etc)  » emfforms spreadsheet renderer(emfforms spreadsheet renderer)
emfforms spreadsheet renderer [message #1734731] Fri, 10 June 2016 17:57 Go to next message
Neil Mackenzie is currently offline Neil MackenzieFriend
Hi,
I have some data in an excel workbook which represents data in some database tables. The workbook with multiple worksheets, each worksheet simply represents data in database table (one excel row per database table row, with column names as a header row). I would like to transform this to a simple EMF model and then back to a spreadsheet after editing. Is this something that the emfforms spreadsheet module can help me with?
Thanks,
Neil
Re: emfforms spreadsheet renderer [message #1734855 is a reply to message #1734731] Mon, 13 June 2016 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eugen Neufeld is currently offline Eugen NeufeldFriend
Hi Neil,
the idea behind the emfforms spreadsheet module was to "render" your data as a spreadsheet.
So if you have an emf model you can export the data/the model to a spreadsheet and then edit it. You can then import the same workbook again and use the imported data in your emf application eg in a form. So this is more an export/import utility.

The emfforms spreadsheet module will help you with the import/editing/export part but you will need an emf model first. Furthermore emfforms writes the dmrs of the values onto the different columns as a comment. Without those comments you will not be able to import the sheet.

Cheers,
Eugen

--
Eugen Neufeld

Get professional Eclipse developer support:
http://eclipsesource.com/en/services/developer-support/
Re: emfforms spreadsheet renderer [message #1734901 is a reply to message #1734855] Mon, 13 June 2016 15:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Message Body
Re: emfforms spreadsheet renderer [message #1734905 is a reply to message #1734901] Mon, 13 June 2016 15:20 Go to previous message
Thanks Eugen,
I will try it out. Sounds like I might be able to do what I need to do with a bit of hacking! I will try to make a ecore model that fits my database table (and excel worksheet) structure , render an empty instance as a spreadsheet, and then copy and paste all the data I need from my files, then reimport.
Regards,
Neil
Previous Topic:[ECP]
Next Topic:restricting access to XMI from EMFStore client.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:27:20 GMT 2024