Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EclipseLink » Difference between static and dynamic weaving
Difference between static and dynamic weaving [message #1734638] Fri, 10 June 2016 07:03 Go to next message
Pavel No is currently offline Pavel NoFriend
I use eclipselink 2.6.3 and have the following code:

public Temp getTemp() {
    EntityManager em=emf.createEntityManager();
    String queryString="SELECT a FROM Temp a";
    EntityGraph<Temp> eg = em.createEntityGraph(Temp.class);
    eg.addAttributeNodes("id");
    //eg.addAttributeNodes("name");
    Query query = em.createQuery(queryString);
    query.setHint("javax.persistence.fetchgraph", eg);
    List<Temp> items=query.getResultList();
    em.close();// ENTITYMANAGER IS CLOSED 
    return items.get(0);
}

public void temp(){
    Temp temp=getTemp();
    System.out.println("id:"+temp.getId());
    System.out.println("name:"+temp.getName());
}

Situation 1:
When weaving is static (<property name="eclipselink.weaving" value="static"/> + de.empulse.eclipselink weaving plugin) and we do temp.getName() onemore SQL query is executed and necessary data is loaded. In spite of the fact we did close entity manager. I expected to get exception at temp.getName().

Situation 2:
However, when weaving is dynamic (<property name="eclipselink.weaving" value="true"/>) I get exception:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.EntityManagerImpl not found by com.temp [57]
at org.apache.felix.framework.BundleWiringImpl.findClassOrResourceByDelegation(BundleWiringImpl.java:1574)
at org.apache.felix.framework.BundleWiringImpl.access$400(BundleWiringImpl.java:79)
at org.apache.felix.framework.BundleWiringImpl$BundleClassLoader.loadClass(BundleWiringImpl.java:2018)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357)
at com.temp.Temp._persistence_checkFetched(Temp2.java)
at com.temp.Temp._persistence_get_name(Temp2.java)
at com.temp.Temp.getName(Temp.java:44)

How to explain this difference? Is this a bug?

[Updated on: Fri, 10 June 2016 07:10]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Difference between static and dynamic weaving [message #1734846 is a reply to message #1734638] Mon, 13 June 2016 13:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Delahunt is currently offline Chris DelahuntFriend
Your question title doesn't match what you are asking/showing in your post. Your title's question should be answered by http://www.eclipse.org/eclipselink/documentation/2.5/concepts/app_dev007.htm as dynamic and static weaving are both just ways to change the bytes of your java class to allow EclipseLink to put in some performance enhancements it can then use at runtime - such as lazy 1:1 relationships.

Situation 1 does not give you an exception, as EclipseLink has always given you the data requested as long as the context is still available. Just closing an EM doesn't close out the Factory and the resources that can be used to fetch the data, so EclipseLink just does it for you. You can force an exception by serializing your entity, since then the context isn't available, or by handling it in your application methods, but most people find the lack of an exception beneficial.

Situation 2 means you have an issue with your classloading setup correctly, so that the class's classloader cannot find EclipseLink's classes. I don't know why this would be different in dynamic or static weaving, so I suspect that you never really ran the static weaver on your jars or they might get this problem too.
Re: Difference between static and dynamic weaving [message #1734883 is a reply to message #1734638] Mon, 13 June 2016 13:37 Go to previous message
Your question title doesn't match what you are asking/showing in your post. Your title's question should be answered by http://www.eclipse.org/eclipselink/documentation/2.5/concepts/app_dev007.htm as dynamic and static weaving are both just ways to change the bytes of your java class to allow EclipseLink to put in some performance enhancements it can then use at runtime - such as lazy 1:1 relationships.

Situation 1 does not give you an exception, as EclipseLink has always given you the data requested as long as the context is still available. Just closing an EM doesn't close out the Factory and the resources that can be used to fetch the data, so EclipseLink just does it for you. You can force an exception by serializing your entity, since then the context isn't available, or by handling it in your application methods, but most people find the lack of an exception beneficial.

Situation 2 means you have an issue with your classloading setup correctly, so that the class's classloader cannot find EclipseLink's classes. I don't know why this would be different in dynamic or static weaving, so I suspect that you never really ran the static weaver on your jars or they might get this problem too.
Re: Difference between static and dynamic weaving [message #1734890 is a reply to message #1734638] Mon, 13 June 2016 13:37 Go to previous message

Previous Topic:Is EclipseLink forum dead?
Next Topic:EclipseLink: weaving, inheritance - entities in different jar
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 06:57:37 GMT 2024