Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » RCP Testing Tool » RCPTT IDE testOption testExecTimeout(Replaying a test times out on a command and fails with "Execution has timed out after 300.0 seconds".)
RCPTT IDE testOption testExecTimeout [message #1734566] Thu, 09 June 2016 12:49 Go to next message
Jon Kurisu is currently offline Jon KurisuFriend
When replaying a test from the RCPTT IDE I am getting a failure with this message "Execution has timed out after 300.0 seconds".

I know that I can from the TestRunner set the testExecTimeout value to a bigger number, but I cannot see a place to set that property in the RCPTT IDE.

The testExecTimeout does not look like it is expose in RCPTT IDE Preferences -> RCP Testing Tool -> Advanced Options

Is that testOption property exposed, and I am just not seeing it in the Preferences?
If not, is there a way to work around this when replaying a test from RCPTT IDE?

Re: RCPTT IDE testOption testExecTimeout [message #1737017 is a reply to message #1734566] Tue, 05 July 2016 07:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andrey Sobolev is currently offline Andrey SobolevFriend
Hi,

In RCPTT timeout could be selected in Preferences -> RCP Testing Tool -> Launch Timeout(sec).
It seems name is a bit confusing and need to be changed Smile

Best regards,
Andrey.
Re: RCPTT IDE testOption testExecTimeout [message #1765095 is a reply to message #1737017] Tue, 06 June 2017 14:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Zbyszek Kieliszek is currently offline Zbyszek KieliszekFriend
Could you please explain how other timeouts work? Unfortunately, description in Preferences -> RCP Testing Tool -> Runtime limits is not clear to me.
Is there any guide for that?
Re: RCPTT IDE testOption testExecTimeout [message #1765195 is a reply to message #1765095] Wed, 07 June 2017 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Viktoria Dlugopolskaya is currently offline Viktoria DlugopolskayaFriend
For some preferences, there is tooltip with a description. Try to move the cursor on top of a text field and the description appears.
Re: RCPTT IDE testOption testExecTimeout [message #1765901 is a reply to message #1765195] Wed, 14 June 2017 12:43 Go to previous message
Zbyszek Kieliszek is currently offline Zbyszek KieliszekFriend
In my execution report, I can see that my script fails at step "click" with the following message:
"ERROR , message: click result is not set"

How can I handle this issue? I tried with try-catch block:

try -command{
get-editor | get-button Save | click
} -catch {
// some code here
}
but it does not get to "catch" part, because of the execution timeout: "Execution timed out after 300 seconds"

How can I stop waiting for the result of "click" command after for example 5 seconds? And then go to "catch" block...

Previous Topic:It is not possible to get The full list of ECL commands with their usage examples
Next Topic:Can we pass path of existing config.ini file in Test Runner
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 12:04:34 GMT 2024