Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Eclipse hogging CPU resources
Eclipse hogging CPU resources [message #1734558] Thu, 09 June 2016 11:04 Go to next message
George CS is currently offline George CSFriend
Eclipse is hogging resources and causing my CPU to run at 100% crippling my ability to work on anything. I can't seem to find a definitive answer on how to fix it.

I originally was using version 4.3.2. I uninstalled that and Java on my system then reinstalled the latest versions. The performance issue was gone for a while, but after about an hour or two of having Eclipse open, it zoomed back up to 100%. It still does this even if I X out and load it up again.

I am using Windows 7.

I only started using Eclipse a couple weeks ago for my first coding class, so I am a novice at all this.
Re: Eclipse hogging CPU resources [message #1734781 is a reply to message #1734558] Sun, 12 June 2016 06:08 Go to previous message
George CS is currently offline George CSFriend
I think I fixed the issue. I had multiple javaw.exe processes running. Whenever I did a test run on Eclipse, the program would continue running. After multiple test runs, a new javaw.exe was created and these began to stack up and hog my CPU. By going into debug and manually terminating them, I think I have solved the issue.
Previous Topic:Strange ClassNotFoundException in the debugger
Next Topic:Eclipse Local history?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 15:42:31 GMT 2024